From disposable to cloth?

the liners are on a roll, any make will do. i think tots bots and stuff will be a bit better at keeping poo and stuff in, the bambino mios tend to leak on to the wrap cos they dont "hug" the bum!! i considered getting tots bots, but i'm happy as larry with my bambinos!!

I use kushies which are all in one washables and i find them great x

the liners are on a roll, any make will do. i think tots bots and stuff will be a bit better at keeping poo and stuff in, the bambino mios tend to leak on to the wrap cos they dont "hug" the bum!! i considered getting tots bots, but i'm happy as larry with my bambinos!!

on the website, check the 'seconds' link under web store for some good deals :)

Right okay, so i managed to have a sneaky peak at an already open packet (thankyou nice stranger who ripped it open :lol:) of tot's bot's - they make much more sense now! If i've got this right, there's a fleecey nappy (just the same layout as a normal disposable really) that i presume absorbs the moisture which is why you get a seperate waterproof cover. I don't quite get the folding bit with the lining paper tho. You'll need more of the fleece nappies than the waterproof covers because you'll change the fleece each time? I'm presuming you can get the waterproof covers in different patterns, seems a waste to get bright coloured fleece nappies and then put a white cover over!

They also had some Mio packs there but they were all security sealed so i couldn't investigate.

Do you have to use that brands nappy liner or are liners pretty universal? (unsure if they're shaped or just on a roll if you will)

I'm sorry you must think i'm such a :dohh:!! Thankyou for being patient :hug:

Liners are universal. I don't use them, but some people prefer too. I like my LOs bum to be on cloth, but liners make it so much easier. Plus some nappies need liners as they will stain otherwise.

You're right about the tots bots, cloth nappy on, then waterproof cover over them. I wipe clean the cover with a wet wipe after each use and reuse it a couple of times before washing.

I have some bright coloured tots, and I use them in the house if she's just playing in her nappies. Otherwise she gets a cover on over it if she's wearing clothes as it will soak through.

The only thing I notice with tots is you need to change their bums more frequently as the moisture doesn't wick away.

Hope that helps!

I highly recommend going to www.thenappylady.co.uk You'll get a personal advisor to help you pick what nappies are right for you, there's also detailed instructions in how to use the different kinds of nappies. I personally tend to use Terries, but I'm looking for some pocket ones for when out and about with the next sprog - I am sorely tempted by the WeeNotions nappies, Kaya has a couple of wraps from there and they are gorgeous.

i've got bambino mio's which i love! i dont have enough for this stage, the small ones go up to 16lb and i've put off buying more cos she'll be in the bigger ones soon (just my luck she stopped puting on weight!). i've got a million thousand of the size 2 ready tho!

i know in rafwife's review she said she prefered the all in ones, but i find it so easy to fold them up, there's 3 diff ways you can do them - i alway choose the one for big wees! they're dead simple to wash and dry really really quickly cos they're dead thin!

I have these too and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are so much easier to use than i expected. Had to stop usin them for 2 weeks cos Alfie has diarrhea (off stupid anti biotics) and i miss them :cry: He'll be in size 2's by the time i start usin them again

You can use any wrap over nappies.

Tots bots don't have that great a selection, mainly pastel colours with white spots. I have a selection of wraps that I got just cos I liked the colours and they are all fine for me. I have nature babies, dan happy, tots bots, wee notions.

You just wipe the wrap with eg sponge and a bit of shower gel to clean it where the weewee will have soaked through the nappy and be touching it.

katie's goin in her size2's!!!! i cant believe it! i'm startin washin them today, i'll put her in them next week i think x

WE have a few different ones but I have had the best sucess with bumgenius and terry squares with a tots bots wrap. I have never had a terry square leak and they really arent fiddly once you get the hang of the folding (and sooooo cheap!)

I am another cloth nappy lover!!! I have Bambino Mios.. and the more I use them the easier they are getting and the more I love them!!! My idea of heaven is to see a washing line full of lovely clean nappies!!!:rofl:...When I first used them I thought they were a bit bulky but now she is bigger I love them...

I have 24 size 1 nappies and 3 covers in each size...then I have 24 size 2 nappies ready to be washed too!!

I am glad you said about the liners thank you!! I am going into Mothercare cos our babies r us don't sell the liners on their own...they sell the nappy sets tho, how stupid is that!!!

WE have a few different ones but I have had the best sucess with bumgenius and terry squares with a tots bots wrap. I have never had a terry square leak and they really arent fiddly once you get the hang of the folding (and sooooo cheap!)

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but do you put the terry square in the bumgenius or are they seperate? I'm looking for something cheap to get going with!!!

x

Terries are separate and can be used with almost any kind of wrap (we use Mothereaze and WeeNotions wraps), you can use them with no liner, a disposable liner or a fleece liner (my fave).

Hi ladies.

so i went on nappylady as some fo you advised (thankyou) and she's come back with the following recommendations; 1) Teddy's nappies with tots bot's covers. or number 2) bumgenius pocket nappets. It does say the down side to bumgenius' are their containment 'issues' so that's not good. I'm considering buying her trial pack she's set up for me but i'm unsure if it's a bit of a rip off or not (you know how these things can be) Has anyone actually purchased their's from this site?

Later tonight i'm gonna search amazon and places but does anyone know anywebsites that have good selection of nappies? Thanks x

I've bought from the Nappy Lady without any problems

has anyone used these https://www.babykind.co.uk/realeasynappies.htm?

or please can you experinced mommies cast your informed eyes over and let me know what you think. thanks :hugs:

The nappy lady is good prices and I think you get 5% off if you order what they recommend?

What do you think of 2nd hand? There are plenty of sites, yahoo groups have one and another I think is called "the nappy site." ebay does not allow you to sell used nappies but you can get used wraps ok there and also nappies that the sellers say are brand new but they just opened the packet and washed them (yeah right!) I've bought 2nd hand nappies and wraps, sometimes the wraps look quite worn/ white bits going a bit grey but it would give you an idea anyway.

The nappy lady is good prices and I think you get 5% off if you order what they recommend?

I think it's just 5% off your first order if you've had a recommendation even if you don't get what they recommend. We added a bunch of other things to our order and got 5% off it all.

What do you think of 2nd hand? There are plenty of sites, yahoo groups have one and another I think is called "the nappy site." ebay does not allow you to sell used nappies but you can get used wraps ok there and also nappies that the sellers say are brand new but they just opened the packet and washed them (yeah right!) I've bought 2nd hand nappies and wraps, sometimes the wraps look quite worn/ white bits going a bit grey but it would give you an idea anyway.

hmm i'm not so sure about second hand nappies...i figure it's a good cheap way to try different ones out but then the thought of other children's business in them ....i shall go look at the site though, thankyou.

ok ladies, i've jus purchased 2 bambino mio prefolds, 1 cover and a pack of liners. is there anything else i need before i can try these? can u use regular laundry powder or are the nappy washes better?

Thank you all for this thread :)

RafWife, your review was awesome. Made me feel like I might actually manage cloth nappies. (I thought they all had to be soaked)

I've contacted the nappylady, and I'm going to at least try the nappies you reviewed :)

Big thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->