From WTT to BFP: Teaup & Brenn are best buddies!

I'm on bedrest! You're probably going to get tired of all my posting now :dohh: Did you get the early scan you wanted?

Obviously the BH and contractions have not gone, because that is why I'm on rest until next week but my UTI is gone! I thought maybe it was the UTI causing the BHs but nope! They were very frequent yesterday, even when I walked/bathed/laid. Everything caused them :dohh: They're noticeably slower today though, so bedrest is exactly what she needed!

How is everything going? :hugs:

Glad you're resting Brenn! You're so close to meeting Brady now! :happydance: Have you got everything prepared? I'd love to see a pic of your nursery!

I wasn't allowed an early scan or blood tests. :x Doctors in the UK don't seem to give you special treatment unless you have had three miscarriages. I was super anxious last week worrying about miscarrying again but am just trying to think positively now. The doctor said that they tend to do scans from about 8 weeks now anyway (which I have never heard of, I have always been told 12 weeks). I have found a privately run clinic that can scan me early but it costs £95 plus we'd have to pay £20 for the train journey to get there. OH and I are off to Paris on the 20th March for 5 days, and I wanted to maybe get a scan the day before we go when I'll be at 7 weeks. But OH has said that there isn't much point if the doctor said I may be able to get a scan for free from around 8 weeks (I still don't believe my doctor on that one!).

So I don't know what to do! I just don't want to be worrying when we're on our holiday, but then if I had a scan before I went then if it's bad news I would be worrying anyway! Although knowing bad news before we left would probably be better than randomly bleeding.

Any advice? What would you do? :shrug: x

Glad you're resting Brenn! You're so close to meeting Brady now! :happydance: Have you got everything prepared? I'd love to see a pic of your nursery!

I wasn't allowed an early scan or blood tests. :x Doctors in the UK don't seem to give you special treatment unless you have had three miscarriages. I was super anxious last week worrying about miscarrying again but am just trying to think positively now. The doctor said that they tend to do scans from about 8 weeks now anyway (which I have never heard of, I have always been told 12 weeks). I have found a privately run clinic that can scan me early but it costs £95 plus we'd have to pay £20 for the train journey to get there. OH and I are off to Paris on the 20th March for 5 days, and I wanted to maybe get a scan the day before we go when I'll be at 7 weeks. But OH has said that there isn't much point if the doctor said I may be able to get a scan for free from around 8 weeks (I still don't believe my doctor on that one!).

So I don't know what to do! I just don't want to be worrying when we're on our holiday, but then if I had a scan before I went then if it's bad news I would be worrying anyway! Although knowing bad news before we left would probably be better than randomly bleeding.

Any advice? What would you do? :shrug: x

I have some pics of the nursery, will get them uploaded asap! :happydance: Everything isn't quite prepared, but we only need a few bits like nb gowns to be completely ready. It is hard to get to the store to pick up the remainders when I'm supposed to be resting at home! :dohh:

My doc did a dating scan at 8 weeks, and no u/s at 12 weeks, so maybe that is what your doc does? I'm not sure what I would do, but I know what is going to happen will happen and knowing before hand that things are good would be nice but if they weren't going right that would just mess with your fun trip out of town... hmmm...

I guess it depends on how easily you can give up the cash to do it. If it won't be a bother at all, go for it! If it would be at the cost of something else, I probably wouldn't do it. You can always save that cash up for a 4d ultrasound around 30 weeks! That is what we did, and it was amazing! She looks a lot like her daddy. :cloud9:

However, I have only had one possible miscarriage so I'm not sure I'm an unbiased person to talk to! It definitely makes this decision harder! :shrug: It is just frustrating your doc didn't just let you have an early scan. That seems awful, and it wouldn't hurt her/him to do it. :dohh:

Hi Brenn! Can't believe you are so close to meeting Brady now! If you have already lost your plug then labour can't be far away! Get lots of rest and I hope you have a quick labour. Don't forget to upload your nursery photos if you have a moment! How are you feeling?

I went for an early scan yesterday morning as I had a few cramps on one side that were worrying me. Luckily it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy, but the gestational sac was empty - not even a yolk sac inside it. I was meant to be 6 weeks yesterday. The midwife said that hopefully we'll be able to see more next week and that all pregnancies grow at different rates, so I'm praying things will be okay and baby will be there on Wednesday when I should be 7 weeks. I don't want to go through another miscarriage! This pregnancy seemed so different because I have had strong positive tests and got a '3+' on a clear blue digital when I turned 5 weeks. I really hope everything will be okay and that it's not a blighted ovum. :cry: xx

I can't believe I forgot the nursery pics! Yes, I can but sheesh! I'm feeling fine, horrible contractions yesterday morning then nothing since, so false labor all the way!

I'm praying this little bean is a sticky and slow growing LO! We saw very little at our 8 week ultrasound, just a blobby. They did see the pole, but we were two weeks past you, so that is probably why. I'm sure your little blobby is just fine, just not quite developed enough to be seen yet. :hugs:

I'll post pics later, but not on this post because that seems rude...

I can't get the stupid nursery pics to upload, trying some different ways to do it. They say the pics are too big and it is a pain my butt!

Ultrasound tomorrow right? I hope you're feeling well, I'm thinking of you :hugs:

I can't get the stupid nursery pics to upload, trying some different ways to do it. They say the pics are too big and it is a pain my butt!

Ultrasound tomorrow right? I hope you're feeling well, I'm thinking of you :hugs:

Thanks Brenn :hugs: really hoping baby has grown. Apparently a yolk sac normally appears at around 5.5 weeks, and I was only just 6 weeks which means only a couple of days after when they'd expect to see the yolk sac. I'm hoping baby took just a few more days to implant than I thought and that I'll see it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

I hope everything is good with you? Shame you can't upload the nursery pics, I love pretty baby decorations! I've had my eye on some gorgeous cushions with vintage children's illustrations on. :blush: Will buy one if my scan goes well. x

GOOD NEWS! Baby was there with a blinking heartbeat and measured 6 weeks + 5 days! :dance: Estimated due date is 7th November. I can't believe how much can change in a week! The sonographer said 'You've been busy!'. We're off to Paris tomorrow, so pleased to be taking good news with us! :wohoo: xxx

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and little baby teacup!! Have a wonderful time in Paris!

I'm over 10 weeks now! Been experiencing nausea since 7 weeks, just lots of food aversions and wretching (no actual vomiting thank goodness). I have a scan in 6 days which is my dating scan, they also check for any abnormalities, but I asked not to have the screening for Down's syndrome etc. Just thought that it wouldn't change anything except make me worry more.

How are things going with Brady? :cloud9: Did your SIL also have her baby? Was it a boy or girl? I hope you're doing okay and managing to get some sleep. :hugs:

Congrats on 10 weeks! You're so close to the second tri, which seemed the longest but is definitely easier! Yay!!! Sorry for the nausea/aversions! Are you having cravings?

She is doing well! She has thrush and I have a yeast infection on my nipples, so we are both on meds. Apparently I got it from disposable breast pads that were too fluffy and wouldn't stay dry no matter how often I changed them. Grrr. Ever since I started giving her the meds she has been crazy fussy and crying a lot during the day. I think it might be the meds, doc thinks she may have colic! I hope it isn't colic, I'm much too tired to do this for weeks- she is just so miserable the poor baby!

She is asleep on my chest now and stretched out like she owns it :haha:

My sil had a little boy 12 days before she came! He is adorable and also much bigger than she is! She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz today so finally past birth weight, just took 2 weeks 5 days! It doesn't feel like she is only 3 weeks old, seems like she has always been with us.

Can't wait for the second trimester!!!

Congrats on 10 weeks! You're so close to the second tri, which seemed the longest but is definitely easier! Yay!!! Sorry for the nausea/aversions! Are you having cravings?

She is doing well! She has thrush and I have a yeast infection on my nipples, so we are both on meds. Apparently I got it from disposable breast pads that were too fluffy and wouldn't stay dry no matter how often I changed them. Grrr. Ever since I started giving her the meds she has been crazy fussy and crying a lot during the day. I think it might be the meds, doc thinks she may have colic! I hope it isn't colic, I'm much too tired to do this for weeks- she is just so miserable the poor baby!

She is asleep on my chest now and stretched out like she owns it :haha:

My sil had a little boy 12 days before she came! He is adorable and also much bigger than she is! She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz today so finally past birth weight, just took 2 weeks 5 days! It doesn't feel like she is only 3 weeks old, seems like she has always been with us.

Can't wait for the second trimester!!!

Aww sorry to hear you both have a yeast infection :-( I hope it's clearing up and not causing you any burning pain. :hugs: How is Brady feeling now? I hope she isn't crying so much now, poor girly.

Yayy for your SIL having a baby boy! I bet him and Brady will be the best of play mates! :happydance:

I haven't really had much in the way of cravings, mainly just food aversions. Although recently I've really fancied coca cola, but I make sure I limit it to one only on special occasions! The wretching has been pretty bad the last week, if there is even the slightest foody smell in the kitchen I wretch. :sick:

Have you had a good weekend? :flower: My Dad is staying this weekend and I was determined to cook him some bacon for breakfast, (I had to tell him he couldn't have eggs as the smell makes me ill!) as soon as I got the bacon out the packet I could smell the raw meat and I gagged about 6 times in a row! I had to tell him to cook it himself and run upstairs out of the smell zone! I think I'll just have to stay out of the kitchen, luckily OH is a great cook! :thumbup:

I have my scan on Wednesday! Only a few days away now! I'm quite nervous, but hoping all my wretching is a good sign things are going okay. Though the last few days I have had a slight pain on the lower left of my tummy which has worried me, it's only been occasional though and I'm hoping it's just caused by gas! :haha:

Hi Brenn! How are you and Brady doing? I'm 22 weeks on Wednesday! :happydance: We had our 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and everything is going well! :happydance:
Here is a pic of it! Any gender guesses? We decided to stay team yellow!

DSC_0349.jpg

Any tips on what to buy and when to buy? We have started clearing out what is going to be the babies room, I can't wait for it to look all cute!

I hope you are both well! :flower:

Hi Brenn! How are you and Brady doing? I'm 22 weeks on Wednesday! :happydance: We had our 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and everything is going well! :happydance:
Here is a pic of it! Any gender guesses? We decided to stay team yellow!

View attachment 779885

Any tips on what to buy and when to buy? We have started clearing out what is going to be the babies room, I can't wait for it to look all cute!

I hope you are both well! :flower:

I never saw this!!! I'm so sorry, I still get on to read updates although I rarely post as I'm so busy!

I definitely get a girl vibe! I'm almostalways wrong though so maybe it will be a boy :haha:

I can't believe you're over 27 weeks! It is just flying by for me lol!! How are you feeling and doing?? Its so close yet so far!!

I definitely suggest that you buy sooner rather than later. We left it late and I was so big then on bed rest that things didn't get done the way I wanted them to... but also, you will not care at all once she or he gets here! The super nicely set up nursery and neatly pressed and put up clothing all gets pretty torn up quickly :haha: Our lo even got poop on the wall! Seriously.

The lifesavers for me were: swaddles, breastpump and hands free bra for it, rock n play sleeper (she still sleeps in it next to our bed), lots of sleepers (footed onesies with zippers or snaps- idk what you may call them?), a GIGANTIC glass/cup with lid and straw (there is no thirst like a breasyfeeding mama's), boppy(maneuverable pillow would work fine though), and be sure to have at least a few newborn things- everyone told me I didn't need that stuff but it was all she wore for 2 months! A good calming lotion and Vaseline (for butt)for night- get a good bedtime routine going asap- it helps them keep night and day straight and lets them know when to sleep. It helps a ton when they get bigger to have it established already! I'm sure I have more so I will add later. Better than all of this though is: trust your instincts. One day, your gut will say one thing and you so or mil or someone will tell you another. Go with your instincts. A couple of times I ignored my instincts and did what they said and it just let to her being more upset and me feeling guilty for not listening to my mommy intuition! I no longer do that and have no qualms ignoring what anyone says :haha:

I will check back in soon, can't wait to hear more about baby teacup!

Hi brenn! How are you and Brady? :flower: I've only got 4 and a half weeks to go now! :happydance: Very excited, and have all the baby clothes washed and put away. OH and I went to a lovely baby shop today and chose baby's coming home outfit - it's a cute sleeper with little foxes all over it. :cloud9: x

That is so exciting! I can't believe how close it is for you or that I have a 6 month old baby :haha:

Truly, it is shocking! It seems like yesterday I was heartbroken because we couldn't ttc when we planned to and then blink here we are!

Everyone always told me how hard it is, especially at first, but no one ever told me even though it is so hard you don't even notice at the time- you would do anything at all that your baby needs. Looking back I know it was hard but at the time I was so awestruck that I didn't have time to even think about it being hard so it didn't really feel that way. I was just so happy to be doing it! I'm telling you this because no one told me and at the end I was freaking out - why did we do this??? I'm not ready to be a mom :haha: I was so very wrong!

Just remember, just when you think you can't do it another night/second... that is when baby will change. I promise! The day I thought I can't be pregnant a second longer or I will lose my mind, she came the next day. The night I thought I will lose my mind if I don't sleep more than 20 minutes before she is up again, she slept 4 straight hours. It's like they know our limits or something :haha:

It's so fun and then you blink and your big girl is babbling and sitting up and eating banana sweet potatoes mix and you're like when did this happen???

Don't forget to sit and hold the baby, for hours, just staring at him/her. I was told that many times and I did it every single day and I love those memories so much it hurts me. You're going to be a great mom!!!!!

Thanks Brenn! I went to a routine midwife appointment yesterday and the midwife thought that baby may be breech! She sent me for a scan today to check and baby is head down and engaged! :happydance: Despite the fact I was about to have a scan, the midwife and doc couldn't help themselves with prodding and poking me to guess beforehand. They press so hard and i thought it was all a little pointless they wanted to test themselves. :growlmad:

I'm pleased baby is in the right place, and I also asked the doc to check if there was enough amniotic fluid, and he looked and said there was. I warned him we didn't want it know the sex so he skilfully avoided that! It was tempting to not say anything, but after being team yellow this long and buying all neutral stuff I thought it would be annoying to find out at this stage! :haha:

I bought some handy travel sized toiletries for my hospital bag today. I need to get on and pack it now! Any tips on what to bring? Still don't have any loose nighties for labour, tried to find some cheapies in town but no luck! xx

I just used the hospital gown, it was comfy and also the last thing on my mind during labor so if you don't find one it probably won't be a big deal.

Make padsicles before you go- plenty of how-tos online and if you have a vaginal birth they are so very much the most amazing thing. I prepared a ton beforehand and it was so nice to come home and put one on. They were so wonderful!!

I packed a super comfy, luxurious outfit for coming home, in black. Take a nursing bra, one that is adjustable as you won't know when you milk will come in. Face wipes, so you don't have to stand to wash over the sink. Hair bands, chapstick, snacks, bathroom toiletries, electronics and chargers, hubby outfit and sleeping attire. Pads, self care products are usually provided by the hospital so pack some but just a couple. Our hospital only had size 1 diapers and she was way way way too small for them so we were grateful for packing a handful of nb diapers for her.

For baby, I packed outfits in two sizes, small diapers, take home outfit, hair brush, socks booties and gloves and hats, two swaddlers since we didn't know which she would like. We packed all the baby essentials like diaper cream but of course we didn't need it! Everything baby needs is provided by the hospital.

That's pretty much it, I didn't take much. I hoped for and packed for a vaginal birth and we lived close enough that oh could come home if I had to stay longer than overnight. Have a packing list on top of your go bags, it will help you to pack everything when oh is freaking out and you are double guessing yourself about being in labor (YOU WILL KNOW.) I mean for the things like chargers and toothbrush that you can't pack until the day of.

I can't think of any one item at the hospital I couldn't live without. We were there less than 36 hours. When we got home, the squirt bottle from the hospital and numbing spray (dermoplast) along with the padsicles were essential. Also, your husband should be prepared to wait on you hand and foot just because you deserve it. When he sees what you do though, it won't be an issue. He won't ever be able to help you enough because he is so impressed with what you did!

Vaginally I was sore and bled but it wasn't terrible. May be different for you of course but that aspect was the easiest to deal with I think. Just be prepared! Padsicles made it all a lot easier to take.

Also, do research on breastfeeding. Lots, before baby, if you plan on it. Plan on how to deal with engorgment if you don't want to bf- because it is a killer at first. Having a supportive pediatrician helped us, because she was little and grew slowly and he never told me to supplement and told me she was perfect even if slow to grow. He did bring us in for extra weight checks to monitor her but I have had several friends with slow to grow babies who were told to supplement and then they dried up, of course because they weren't nursing like they needed to for their supply!

I can't think of anything else to pack, or necessary for the first days. Just daddy baby and you!

I had bad postpartum anxiety, just remember to monitor yourself, ask for help and remember that it will pass! If it goes on past two weeks, call your doc and get some help!

My waters broke at 4am this morning, went into hospital at 6am for them to check me and am back at home now waiting for things to get going! Have bad period pain in my back and I keep gushing more and more water. Gonna try to get some sleep now, but hospital said to come back at 10pm if things haven't progressed as they'll probably want to give me something to get my contractions going properly. They were every 5 mins at the hospital but not very painful so they want to wait until I'm more obviously in labour before checking my cervix because of the risk of introducing infection. So exciting that I'll be meeting my baby in the next 24 hours! xx

Oh I'm so excited your lovely baby girl is here!!!! I can't believe I didn't see this before. How is everyone? I'm sure you were fantastic, I can't wait to hear the details!!!!! Congratulations mama!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->