From WTT to BFP: Teaup & Brenn are best buddies!

brenn09

Mom of two!
Reaction score
TEACUP!!!!

We have a home until we both get our BFPs- FXed for July!!!!

Just a reminder:
My first three possible due dates are...

April 2, 2014
April 29, 2014
May 26, 2014

I feel so sad I've had those figured out so long :haha:

Also, OH made his first baby purchase this weekend!! He found a Disney storybook with several stories in it and he just had to get it! It was the cutest thing! I also found a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag for $80 and was just dying to get it, it was absolutely adorable!!!! OH said to get it, but I couldn't be the crazy lady buying a diaper bag before we even tried for a baby, so I didn't buy it but I thought a lot about it :haha:

How was your weekend, Teacup???

So glad we are so close to trying!!! :hugs:

TEACUP!!!!

We have a home until we both get our BFPs- FXed for July!!!!

Just a reminder:
My first three possible due dates are...

April 2, 2014
April 29, 2014
May 26, 2014

I feel so sad I've had those figured out so long :haha:

Also, OH made his first baby purchase this weekend!! He found a Disney storybook with several stories in it and he just had to get it! It was the cutest thing! I also found a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag for $80 and was just dying to get it, it was absolutely adorable!!!! OH said to get it, but I couldn't be the crazy lady buying a diaper bag before we even tried for a baby, so I didn't buy it but I thought a lot about it :haha:

How was your weekend, Teacup???

So glad we are so close to trying!!! :hugs:

Yayy! :happydance:

My due dates are:

4th April
5th May
5th June

Although this has probably changed slightly because my AF is a couple of days late. My cycles vary between 28 days to 34. (Although once it was 37 days! I blame wedding stress for that one) How regular are your cycles?

Aww how sweet your OH already bought something for your baby! That must have made you feel so excited! I saw the cutest cuddly toy in a shop window the other day, it was a little pink cow made of soft fabric. Had to resist buying it though!

Do you see yourself having a girl or a boy first? I don't know why but I have always seen me and my OH having a baby girl first. But I would be super happy with either! :kiss:

Yeah my weekend was good thanks! Saw lots of family and I found out my oldest sister is expecting her second baby due end of December (her little girl is only 8 months!) I was surprised how quick they decided to have another! So if I do fall pregnant straight away then our babies will only have a three month age gap! (She doesn't know I'm thinking of TTC anytime soon though).

It's so exciting we're only a couple of months off TTC now! I bet it will go so quick. I am taking folic acid each night. I'm not taking the TTC multivitamins because they made me vomit orange stuff. :sick: What vitamins are you taking?

Yayy! :happydance:

My due dates are:

4th April
5th May
5th June

Although this has probably changed slightly because my AF is a couple of days late. My cycles vary between 28 days to 34. (Although once it was 37 days! I blame wedding stress for that one) How regular are your cycles?

Aww how sweet your OH already bought something for your baby! That must have made you feel so excited! I saw the cutest cuddly toy in a shop window the other day, it was a little pink cow made of soft fabric. Had to resist buying it though!

Do you see yourself having a girl or a boy first? I don't know why but I have always seen me and my OH having a baby girl first. But I would be super happy with either! :kiss:

Yeah my weekend was good thanks! Saw lots of family and I found out my oldest sister is expecting her second baby due end of December (her little girl is only 8 months!) I was surprised how quick they decided to have another! So if I do fall pregnant straight away then our babies will only have a three month age gap! (She doesn't know I'm thinking of TTC anytime soon though).

It's so exciting we're only a couple of months off TTC now! I bet it will go so quick. I am taking folic acid each night. I'm not taking the TTC multivitamins because they made me vomit orange stuff. :sick: What vitamins are you taking?

My cycles are pretty regular, but the last three have been whacked out! I ovulated a week late once, started spotting two days before AF, and then the last cycle I spotted for three days before AF! :shrug: I've never spotted before so I have NO idea why that was?? My week late ovulation was due to lack of sleep and stress, so I'm with you there!!

I've had a hard time resisting baby purchases, I've bought two books and OH has bought one but that is it! I see something at every single store :haha:

As for a boy or girl, I really hope we get a boy first, but I would be happy either way too! I just kinda don't see us ever having a boy, so I want to have a boy first so that I know we will have one- if that makes sense? Our family has a history of only girls (only have a niece, only sisters, etc.) and I would really like to have a son. Of course, I can't wait to have a little girl, too!! I have a great baby girl name list and our boy name list is wayyyy shorter! :haha:

I LOVED having cousins close in age- that would be amazing! My SIL is due to start IVF this summer, hopefully in May, and although I'm a little sad I may not (hopefully will not) be pregnant alone- I realize this is awfully selfish- I'm really excited our baby could have a cousin close their their own age!! It would be amazing for them to grow up together!!

Vomit orange stuff!! OMG! I have a prescription for Neevo DHA, which has folate in it instead of folic acid? My doc thinks I may have issues converting folic acid to folate. :shrug:

Our wait is going to fly by!! This time, this is it! I'm not waiting any longer, and going to try so hard to catch that eggie right away!! FXed for us!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I need your opinion, buddy! I posted this in my journal, but figured you would check here first anyway!
As you know, my policies will kick in April 1, 2014. At this time, if we ttc/fall pg in July, we'll be due April 2, 2014. My question: would you go on birth control pills to push back AF now, so that your period moves back to start in July, rather than late June?

I'm thinking of going on two weeks of birth control Wed or Thurs to avoid AF this weekend (girl's night out) and then it will push back my cycle. If my cycle were to return to normal quickly (and I realize there is a chance it won't- which is why I'm asking what you ladies would do), then my cycle will start July 10, rather than June 26. This puts us with an EDD of mid-April (April 17, roughly) much less likely to give birth before April 1, 2014 than if we were due April 2.

What would you do? Take the pill for two weeks; risk it and maybe be due 4/2/14; wait until the end of July and not be due until 4/29/14?

I need your opinion, buddy! I posted this in my journal, but figured you would check here first anyway!
As you know, my policies will kick in April 1, 2014. At this time, if we ttc/fall pg in July, we'll be due April 2, 2014. My question: would you go on birth control pills to push back AF now, so that your period moves back to start in July, rather than late June?

I'm thinking of going on two weeks of birth control Wed or Thurs to avoid AF this weekend (girl's night out) and then it will push back my cycle. If my cycle were to return to normal quickly (and I realize there is a chance it won't- which is why I'm asking what you ladies would do), then my cycle will start July 10, rather than June 26. This puts us with an EDD of mid-April (April 17, roughly) much less likely to give birth before April 1, 2014 than if we were due April 2.

What would you do? Take the pill for two weeks; risk it and maybe be due 4/2/14; wait until the end of July and not be due until 4/29/14?

I dunno! My SIL went on Norethisterone when it was her wedding to delay her AF and she fell pregnant the following cycle. She had no problems with it messing with her cycle/hormones. So maybe take that? :thumbup: I actually have some I didn't use on my wedding day I could post to you! (Prob best to get it properly prescribed though!) I prob wouldn't risk ending up with a due date before April 1st. So yes, I think take Norethisterone.

Don't you think that your due date could change in the next month or two if your cycles are irregular? Maybe wait and see what happens. xx

My AF came on properly today! So now my due dates have changed to:

April 10th
May 11th
June 11th

Only 2 more AF's until TTC! :happydance:

I dunno! My SIL went on Norethisterone when it was her wedding to delay her AF and she fell pregnant the following cycle. She had no problems with it messing with her cycle/hormones. So maybe take that? :thumbup: I actually have some I didn't use on my wedding day I could post to you! (Prob best to get it properly prescribed though!) I prob wouldn't risk ending up with a due date before April 1st. So yes, I think take Norethisterone.

Don't you think that your due date could change in the next month or two if your cycles are irregular? Maybe wait and see what happens. xx

April 10th
May 11th
June 11th

I do not have any norethisterone, but I do have a sample Loseasonique from my doc, three months worth so there is plenty :haha: OH and I are still discussing it, he thinks I shouldn't do it because he knows how hard I try to avoid introducing artificial things into my body (food, etc.) so he said it was up to me really. My cycle has stayed the same o-wise the last two cycles, it only changed the one cycle I was so sleep deprived and stressed out! I'm thinking I may take the birth control for two weeks this week, then that gives me two periods before July's cycle to see if things regulate quickly. Idk :shrug:

Yay for AF!!! How long are your cycles usually? Mine end up being 27 days, with a 13 day LP so if I get to my 14th day after O, it will be a great sign to test- IF I can hold out that long :haha:

April 10th
May 11th
June 11th

I do not have any norethisterone, but I do have a sample Loseasonique from my doc, three months worth so there is plenty :haha: OH and I are still discussing it, he thinks I shouldn't do it because he knows how hard I try to avoid introducing artificial things into my body (food, etc.) so he said it was up to me really. My cycle has stayed the same o-wise the last two cycles, it only changed the one cycle I was so sleep deprived and stressed out! I'm thinking I may take the birth control for two weeks this week, then that gives me two periods before July's cycle to see if things regulate quickly. Idk :shrug:

Yay for AF!!! How long are your cycles usually? Mine end up being 27 days, with a 13 day LP so if I get to my 14th day after O, it will be a great sign to test- IF I can hold out that long :haha:

Hi Brenn! :dance: Hows your week going? I think Loseasonique works differently from Norethisterone because it's an actual birthcontrol pill, when Norethisterone literally just delays your period until you stop taking it. I would take Norethisterone (or equivalent) which is specifically for delaying AF by a week or so. It shouldn't mess up your hormones as much as a normal contraceptive pill. But if it was me, I wouldn't take any pills and I would just wait one more cycle before TTC so that I am certain to not have a due date before April 1st. Because any sort of artificial hormones are bound to put you a little out of balance cycle wise. Other option is risk it and leave nature to decide! What have you decided to do? :flower:

My cycles are normally around 31 days. Although the last one was 35 days. I have been recording my cycle lengths since August 2011! This was when I started getting broody. Shortest has been 28 days, and longest has been 39 days. The short cycle was when I was exercising more and going running three times a week. The looong one was when I had a lot of stress going on. My ovulation seems to be between day 11 to day 16 - this is based on symptoms only

I meant to ask - how did the doc know you couldn't convert Folic Acid? Were you having some symptoms while taking it?

We decided not to take the pill, basically just wait and see how wefeel in July, and we may wait until the end of July or start trying right away, I think we won't decide that until July :haha:

She didn't tell me why, just that caucasians have a higher chance of that genetic mutation, and I have no idea why she thinks I do or if she just wanted to play it safe. She did give me a ton of samples so I don't think she benefits that way :haha:

I will check in later, my phone is acting funny!

AF started a day late so my revised due dates are:
April 3
April 30
May 27 (OH's bday!)

Idk why she got me late, I had some spotting very lightly yesterday and I have had insomnia three nights this week so I think how tired I was affected af this time.

I'm off for a girl's night, so I will check in with you about this last week tomorrow!!! :hugs:

AF started a day late so my revised due dates are:
April 3
April 30
May 27 (OH's bday!)

Idk why she got me late, I had some spotting very lightly yesterday and I have had insomnia three nights this week so I think how tired I was affected af this time.

I'm off for a girl's night, so I will check in with you about this last week tomorrow!!! :hugs:

So that makes your due date further from 1st April! :thumbup: Glad you decided not to take the pill, I think this close to TTC it's best to avoid artificial hormones as much as possible.

I have a cold at the moment. :cry: Also we are off camping next week so I hope I get better by monday!

Enjoy your girls night out! xx

So that makes your due date further from 1st April! :thumbup: Glad you decided not to take the pill, I think this close to TTC it's best to avoid artificial hormones as much as possible.

I have a cold at the moment. :cry: Also we are off camping next week so I hope I get better by monday!

Hope your cold disappeared for you camping trip!! We had a great girl's night out, and I've been completely swamped with working full time and going to school. I'm barely getting enough sleep in at night and just running full speed all day. Thank God there is only one week of this! I'm completely done with school tomorrow and graduation is Saturday! I'm definitely getting on and reading but my phone is being funny about posting so I haven't been do it much. :shrug:

OH and I talked about waiting until July 24th to start trying, although I doubt we'll make an actual decision until July's O anyway. Logically we know we should wait but we just don't want to. :shrug: So I figured out my first four due dates, just in case we push it back to the end of July to start trying:

April 3
April 30
May 27
June 23

I think these due dates sound lovely (north hemisphere here!) but I just can't imagine waiting any longer than July to start. I'm leaving my ticker the same because I'm hopeful OH will want to start ntnp that first cycle. I just will be heart broken if we keep preventing. We're pushing our luck every cycle as it is, waiting until 4 days before O to start pulling out. I hope every cycle I will O early :haha:

Hope you're doing well!! :hugs:

Hope your cold disappeared for you camping trip!! We had a great girl's night out, and I've been completely swamped with working full time and going to school. I'm barely getting enough sleep in at night and just running full speed all day. Thank God there is only one week of this! I'm completely done with school tomorrow and graduation is Saturday! I'm definitely getting on and reading but my phone is being funny about posting so I haven't been do it much. :shrug:

OH and I talked about waiting until July 24th to start trying, although I doubt we'll make an actual decision until July's O anyway. Logically we know we should wait but we just don't want to. :shrug: So I figured out my first four due dates, just in case we push it back to the end of July to start trying:

April 3
April 30
May 27
June 23

I think these due dates sound lovely (north hemisphere here!) but I just can't imagine waiting any longer than July to start. I'm leaving my ticker the same because I'm hopeful OH will want to start ntnp that first cycle. I just will be heart broken if we keep preventing. We're pushing our luck every cycle as it is, waiting until 4 days before O to start pulling out. I hope every cycle I will O early :haha:

Hope you're doing well!! :hugs:

Hi Brenn! Congratulations on graduating! How exciting! :happydance: Only a couple of months until TTC and even if it does get pushed onto the next month it's still really close. Yes those due dates sound lovely. I think a spring/early summer baby would be perfect because I doubt it's nice being huge and pregnant during the hot late summer months. Also babies are even more susceptible to colds in the autumn/winter. Hope you are well! xx

Hi Brenn! Congratulations on graduating! How exciting! :happydance: Only a couple of months until TTC and even if it does get pushed onto the next month it's still really close. Yes those due dates sound lovely. I think a spring/early summer baby would be perfect because I doubt it's nice being huge and pregnant during the hot late summer months. Also babies are even more susceptible to colds in the autumn/winter. Hope you are well! xx

I'm feeling so much better today after having such a crappy week feeling so low about waiting to try. OH and I actually almost started trying this month but OH decided he didn't want to start before June due to insurance not kicking in until July 1 so he said he wants to wait until then and we can talk about trying that month. He thinks ideally we will wait for the money but said it isn't worth the wait either. I guess we will decide next month.

How was your camping trip?

I'm feeling so much better today after having such a crappy week feeling so low about waiting to try. OH and I actually almost started trying this month but OH decided he didn't want to start before June due to insurance not kicking in until July 1 so he said he wants to wait until then and we can talk about trying that month. He thinks ideally we will wait for the money but said it isn't worth the wait either. I guess we will decide next month.

How was your camping trip?

Yeah camping was great thank you! It was really windy and pouring with rain every night but we had a few sunny days which was nice. How was your graduation? Hope you had a little party afterwards!

Big news - today my OH and I have decided to begin casually TTC! We were going to wait until July but thought that we would just go for it. :happydance: It's more sort of NTNP at the moment so we'll see what happens!

Yeah camping was great thank you! It was really windy and pouring with rain every night but we had a few sunny days which was nice. How was your graduation? Hope you had a little party afterwards!

Big news - today my OH and I have decided to begin casually TTC! We were going to wait until July but thought that we would just go for it. :happydance: It's more sort of NTNP at the moment so we'll see what happens!

That's wonderful! We may be right behind you and we may also wait until the end of July! Who knows! :shrug: That is such exciting news!!! :happydance:

Graduation was great, long but OH and I had a great day just hanging out with each other and today as well. We discussed ttc in June, OH really mentioned waiting until July and I told him he gets to decide, since I'm ready at any point but I am going to try to sway him to start in June.

We found out today that OH's sister is going is starting IVF and they anticipate actually putting embryos back in at the end of June, around the time that OH and I could potentially start ttc (if I don't convince him June is the time to start!), although OH is, again, wanting to wait until August's cycle. OH asked me today if I would be okay sharing my pregnancy with her, which of course I truly hope happens, but I must admit I'm rather annoyed that I will have to share the attention with her. OH (and myself, I guess) often take a back seat to her so I'm afraid, especially if she were to conceive multiples, our pregnancy would be all but ignored by his family. I doubt we would get so much as a baby shower from his side if she is pregnant with multiples! :dohh:

I feel incredibly selfish even writing this down. I hope and pray she conceives, because her OH/my BIL only wants to try IVF once. I promise I don't wish that it wouldn't work or anything like that but the thought of sharing my pregnancy annoys me- I guess I'm really resigned to it. A ton could change between now and then, but this is a rough estimate of both our start dates and the odds are we'll share at least some time pregnant.

I'm really not the horrible person this sounds like! :haha:

I'll be checking in regularly for your cycle updates!! I'm so excited for you :hugs:

That's wonderful! We may be right behind you and we may also wait until the end of July! Who knows! :shrug: That is such exciting news!!! :happydance:

Graduation was great, long but OH and I had a great day just hanging out with each other and today as well. We discussed ttc in June, OH really mentioned waiting until July and I told him he gets to decide, since I'm ready at any point but I am going to try to sway him to start in June.

We found out today that OH's sister is going is starting IVF and they anticipate actually putting embryos back in at the end of June, around the time that OH and I could potentially start ttc (if I don't convince him June is the time to start!), although OH is, again, wanting to wait until August's cycle. OH asked me today if I would be okay sharing my pregnancy with her, which of course I truly hope happens, but I must admit I'm rather annoyed that I will have to share the attention with her. OH (and myself, I guess) often take a back seat to her so I'm afraid, especially if she were to conceive multiples, our pregnancy would be all but ignored by his family. I doubt we would get so much as a baby shower from his side if she is pregnant with multiples! :dohh:

I feel incredibly selfish even writing this down. I hope and pray she conceives, because her OH/my BIL only wants to try IVF once. I promise I don't wish that it wouldn't work or anything like that but the thought of sharing my pregnancy annoys me- I guess I'm really resigned to it. A ton could change between now and then, but this is a rough estimate of both our start dates and the odds are we'll share at least some time pregnant.

I'm really not the horrible person this sounds like! :haha:

I'll be checking in regularly for your cycle updates!! I'm so excited for you :hugs:

Thanks Brenn! I completely understand that you're slightly annoyed that your SIL may be pregnant the same time as you. I know exactly what you mean - you are only saying what most other girls would be feeling too! But once you are both pregnant I'm sure you can share lots of symptoms and worries/excitements and it will prob make you both much closer. Plus it's nice to have cousins close in age! :thumbup:

It wont be long until we will both be TTC Brenn. :hugs: I can't believe how long we have both been waiting for! My ovulation day is around Friday, so this is the crucial week! Wish us luck!

Thanks Brenn! I completely understand that you're slightly annoyed that your SIL may be pregnant the same time as you. I know exactly what you mean - you are only saying what most other girls would be feeling too! But once you are both pregnant I'm sure you can share lots of symptoms and worries/excitements and it will prob make you both much closer. Plus it's nice to have cousins close in age! :thumbup:

It wont be long until we will both be TTC Brenn. :hugs: I can't believe how long we have both been waiting for! My ovulation day is around Friday, so this is the crucial week! Wish us luck!

Good luck!!! I am sincerely jealous but definitely hope you guys fall this very first time!!! You definitely deserve it, teacup! I bet you're getting a bfp soon!!:hugs:

Good luck!!! I am sincerely jealous but definitely hope you guys fall this very first time!!! You definitely deserve it, teacup! I bet you're getting a bfp soon!!:hugs:

Thank you Brenn! :hugs: You and I will be symptom spotting in no time. xxx

Do you plan to stop drinking tea/coffee when you start TTC? I have got it down to 1 cup of tea a day (not drinking coffee anymore). I think if I get a BFP I will stop drinking tea completely.

Well we have BD'd twice this week so far, thought I felt ovulation twinges this morning so may jump on hubby this eve. According to an online thing I ovulate on Friday so hopefully we have had a decent run up. If we had decided to TTC sooner this cycle then we would have started BDing earlier probably - hope we haven't missed eggy! I'm only taking folic acid at the moment, may move onto pregnany vits when I get a BFP but have been put off since puking on the preconception vits. Although I think it was from taking them on an empty stomach.

How are you? Hope all is good! xxx

PS - did you notice our tickers went? I guess the company have gone. I got a brand new one from somewhere else. xxx

EDIT: Just seen they're back again!

I have quit caffeine completely, but I stopped drinking it over a year ago because I was drinking way too much and was feeling like crap. I thought it might be an adrenal gland thing so I made a lot of changes in my life and one of them was no caffeine. I feel tons better so I suspect I was right about the adrenal gland thing

It's so weird the tickers disappeared!!

It sounds like you guys have bd plenty this week since it is only Wednesday! I'm sure you have plenty of swimmers in there but I would jump OH tonight and tomorrow just in case!!

Good luck!! I am due to ovulate Saturday so our cycles are pretty similar right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->