Frozen Meal Ideas

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
I feel a bit silly asking but does anyone know what keeps good as a frozen home cooked meal? My friend just had her baby and I want to help out by cooking her some meals she can just take from the freezer and not worry bout cooking. Im not good at this sort of thing. Any suggestions for easy meals I can do?

Chilli? Spag Bol? Casserole? If she/you has a slow cooker could do a mass batch cook and freeze

Individual cottage pies
Individual lasagne
Tomato sauce for pasta
Rice portions
Chicken curry
Casserole
Spag Bol
Chilli con Carne/veg chilli

You can get silver individual takeaway trays from Home Bargains 79p
This is how I do all my meals!

Quesidillas/burritos can be individually wrapped and frozen. Then you can take as many out of the freezer as you need.

I have a beef stew in my freezer and chilli con carne. You could freeze most one lot kind of meals like that I think x

What everyone else said, but how lovely are you! Thats so sweet! xx

Any type of homemade soup. A good vegetable soup or onion soup could be lunch or dinner =)

Stews and chili are great! They freeze so well and super hearty.

Individual cottage pies
Individual lasagne
Tomato sauce for pasta
Rice portions
Chicken curry
Casserole
Spag Bol
Chilli con Carne/veg chilli

You can get silver individual takeaway trays from Home Bargains 79p
This is how I do all my meals!

I do the same. Make up a load and then separate into individual meals. I get my tin trays from the pound shop. £1 for 10 trays! bargain!

My freezer is full, along with soups as well, of the above. And when my friend had her baby 8 weeks early I sent a bag over full. Gave me an excuse to cook more - love cooking!

Most casseroles freeze easily enough. Pasta bakes with meat and spaghetti sauce is easy enough. So are enchiladas. I love chicken ones with green chile sauce and before I was due, I made sure to make and freeze several pans of them.

Meatloaves are easy, as well. They don't even need to be cooked before frozen, just smoosh the meat mixture into loaf pans and cover.

For the slow cooker, you can use gallon freezer bags and fill them with all the ingredients for a soup. Beef stew, chilli or chunky veggie are easiest, though I don't recommend adding potatoes - they go black if frozen long enough.

I love the idea of freezer meals and have tried it but my memory doesn't mesh well with the concept. I either forget what I have in the freezer and make something fresh, or I forget to pull something out early enough to defrost so I have to rustle up something fresh anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->