• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fruits & Veggies

1st_baby

OK so my LO is 3 months old and has been eating rice cereal and oatmeal for abotu 3 weeks now (by docs orders lol) baby boy was way too hungry !

I have now started to give him some apple sauce (beginers) mixed with some rice and boy does he love it , hes gotten the point of the spoon in his mouth !

My questions is what order do i feed the solids now ..meaning only fruits for a few weeks ? then veggies or is it the opposite books are confusing i rather trust you girls :):happydance:

Also how long do i give him the oatmeal for ?

Either way is fine. I started Colton with fruits. But alot of people recommend starting with veggies because some babies wont like the veggies when they have had sweet fruits first.
Also, if you start wiht veggies I've read its better to start with the yellows.. sweet potatos, carrots, squash; before the greens: peas & green beans.
Colton likes his veggies though, even though I started with fruits. Especially the carrots. :D Although he doesn't really like green beans, peas, or pears.. hmm.. all the greens :shrug:

Thank you !

Tonight I gave him some carrots he seemed to like it I figure ill make him a schedual like this

AM BREAKFAST : oatmeal cereal

PM LUNCH : apple sauce

PM SUPPER: carrots

and for the between feeding just good old boob milk , how do i go about making him try new fruits and vedggies do i feed one kind for a week and then try another or can i alternate each day ..i think one per week is ok this way i can see if hes allergic right ?

you should do strictly one food for atleast 3-5 days. If you give apples one day and then carrots the next he could have a reaction; which could be from either one since they were only one day apart, and therefore you wouldn't know which he is allergic too.
Colton was only on two meals a day at his age. Breakfast was cereal (usually rice as he likes it better, but now I use brekkie jars because I'm lazy :p ), and then around 3-4pm I would give him a fruit OR a veggie (again, if it was something new he got the same thing for at least 3 days, usually I did 4 days though).

Remember that if a baby is breastfed then they are used to lots of different flavours already as the milk changes depending on what you've been eating. Also, breast milk is very sweet itself, so fruits and sweet veg are likely to go down a bit better.

Oh ok yeah makes sense thanks I will do that ..well so far he LOVES apples
Now im moving on to carrots :) he ate a lil yesterday and this mornign his poop was well normal lol I went out and bought peach & pear as fruits to try out and as veddiges sweetpotatoe & butternut cant wait to try him out !

as for the oatmeal i have to coax him into eating it lol so as soon as hes eating more fruits and vedgies well cut down on that or does he really need it ?

Well heres and update !

Max has no tried

Apple sauce ( no problems digesting it and lovvves it )

peaches ( a lil hard on tummy so i mixed it with oatmeal and hes okay but not a fan )

carrots ( very easy on tummy but he hates the gerber stage 1 ..not pureraed enough..ill make my own)

nest on the list are , butter squash, pears he loves his food and eats like a champ !

question what kind of food do you guys buy ex: gerber ? I heard about one called beach nut?any good

I buy heinz organic.

So far Josh had

Apples, pears (loves it)
peach, bananas (hate it)

Carrots (loves it)

Rice cereals (loves it, can't get enough!!!)

So far Jack has had baby rice and loves it, and the banana porridge...well he eats it but I don't think it's his favorite thing :p

Well its offical max hates peaches and does his tummy ,...poor baby hate gas and cramps his poop was kinda hard so hubby bought him some baby prune juice . I mixed in some water and gave it to him now hes much better ..

I will be giving him a few sips of water (boiled) after his meal ..

Today on the menu butternut squash ..loves it !!!

Well its offical max hates peaches and does his tummy ,...poor baby hate gas and cramps his poop was kinda hard so hubby bought him some baby prune juice . I mixed in some water and gave it to him now hes much better ..

Did you cook the peaches?
Yeah, butternut squash is a hot fave with Ryan too!

Did you cook the peaches?
Yeah, butternut squash is a hot fave with Ryan too!

I bought the heinz in the jar peaches!!

yesterday my mother in law wanted to feed lil max so she baught him some heize food " apple, plums and raisins" it was made for a 6 month old but he seemed to do okay ..anyway there all fruits hes alreayd tried and hes not allergic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->