Frustrating Day

MrsAlyssa

Reaction score
Today has been a frustrating day.So today,I received a call around 2pm from the school nurse that my 12 yr old daughter had her first period in school,the nurse said she talk to her and gave her pad and help her change to her PE uniform.And earlier today,I discover she was wetting the bed. My daughter goes to an all girl school,so it's kind of normal situation in the school.Also,I got tell my husband that his 12 yr old daughter is a transitioning to a young girl.But now, when she comes home after softball practice,I got sit down and talk to her about hygiene and the period.How can I talk to her about her period without making the conversation awkward or should I let one of her sisters talk to her about it?
Should I take her to the store and have her fit for bra or should I keep her on training bra little bit longer?Is there any books that you guys can recommend for me and her to read?I knew this day was coming, I just wasn't prepare that her first period was going hit so soon.She just turned 12 on April.

I don't have a teen but I think it would depend on how close the two of you are and if you have that kind of relationship, I know I would have been MORTIFIED to have my mom sit me down like that. My mom just left me the American girl book the care and keeping of you and it helped with stuff. If you think her sister would be kind about it and be helpful that might be the best but it all depends on your relationship. Hope this helped!

its normal...just tell her the common knowledge and the feeling ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->