Frustrating...

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
I'm soooo frustrated... me and Karl FINALLY got given an appointment for our first scan - had to go to the hospital ourselves. Had to basically make the guy write us out an appointment there and then.

First he said i might not be accepted in that hospital because of where i live but he then gave me the ok after discussing it with someone in his back room! He then tried to tell us "we'll get an appointment to you in 2 weeks because theres a backlog from xmas!" BLOODY CHEEK - XMAS WAS OVER A LONG TIME AGO!! We said we havent had a scan yet and we think i'm about 15 weeks already! So he wrote us a letter and i have my first scan on 29th Jan! So this time next week.

Its difficult for us both to be excited about it all as we only have a pregnancy test which states that i'm pregnant - which doesnt feel enough... :cry:

Any advice about this first meeting? Need to take anything?
What will they do - tests etc?

thats poor service, sorry for you. i would imagine they will scan to confirm
that 1. you are preg and 2. when your due date would be. They would normally ask you to go with a full bladder(helps with scan) and take a urine sample if you remember! they might take bloods etc. have you not even had a booking in appt with your midwife yet?? i went direct to my community MW, never saw GP at all.

Nope had absolutely nothing. Its partly my fault as i was unsure of what me and my boyfriend wanted to do, as people pressured us into thinking about an abortion etc. But we told my doctor when i was about 12 weeks that we defintely wanted to go through with the pregnancy. Two weeks after that i was told my doctor hadn't written or sent off any letter to our hospital, then spoke to another doc who wrote my reference on a Friday, rang them back on Monday and was told the letter still hadn't been sent!!
Then it was a chase with the hospital - hence the reaosn we had to go there ourselves and force an appointment asap.

Not sure what a "community MW" is...?!

Nothing has been easy throughout this whole process, just tiring and stressfull.

I just rang my Dr's surgery after 8 weeks and asked for an appointment with the midwife and the midwife sorted everything else out, never seen my Dr about the pregnancy.

Try ringing your Dr's surgery and ask the receptionist for an appointment with the Community Midwife.
Failing that I'd phone the hospital and ask to speak to a midwife. Explain what area you're from and that you need an appointment with a midwife as you believe you're x weeks pregnant and your Dr still hasn't done anything about it.

Good Luck

Cx

Thanks.

Well i have an appointment now so i'll HOPEFULLY (touch wood) meet my midwife and get everything sorted. It's just when you feel like you can't trust or rely on anyone! Have to always keep on chasing because you know they never do what they say they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->