FS appointment after MMC

ebony2010

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could shed any light on what I might expect?

I had just started seeing an FS when I fell pregnant and when I had my ERCP a few days ago the nurse got me an appointment to go back to seeing the FS again.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I can expect? Will I be treated as though I never concieved or will they just send me away? x

i never got to see anyone after my mmc it just got ignored so cant help with what might happen as ive only had one mmc they put it down to it can happen to anyone

good luck for you appionment x

i never got to see anyone after my mmc it just got ignored so cant help with what might happen as ive only had one mmc they put it down to it can happen to anyone

good luck for you appionment x

I'm sorry to hear that. Were you seeing an FS prior to getting pregnant? x

I was referred to one after my second mc in 5 months.
The dr asked a lot of questions about the mc, my health, partners health, family health. she sent us off for blood tests chromosome, hormone, bloodclotting, mtfhr, diabetes and a variety of others, ultrasound for abnormal uterus shape for me.
OH was sent for karotyping and a sperm analysis.
She is going to let us know next week the results and she told us to wait 2 cycles before trying again and when i get my next period to contact the fertility clinic to begin ovulation tracking and pg tracking for when I fall.
every dr is different and it depends on where you live and in some places you have to have 3 mcs before they will even look at you but since you were seeing the fs before hand hopefully they will help you. good luck

I was referred to one after my second mc in 5 months.
The dr asked a lot of questions about the mc, my health, partners health, family health. she sent us off for blood tests chromosome, hormone, bloodclotting, mtfhr, diabetes and a variety of others, ultrasound for abnormal uterus shape for me.
OH was sent for karotyping and a sperm analysis.
She is going to let us know next week the results and she told us to wait 2 cycles before trying again and when i get my next period to contact the fertility clinic to begin ovulation tracking and pg tracking for when I fall.
every dr is different and it depends on where you live and in some places you have to have 3 mcs before they will even look at you but since you were seeing the fs before hand hopefully they will help you. good luck

Thanks for your info and sorry for your losses. I hope they can help you get that forever baby. :hugs: xxx

I saw my fs a few weeks after, but this was an appt that i already had booked. They didnt cancel it incase something happened, and as it turned out it did!
The fs carried on with tests that i was due to have but couldnt when i found out i was pregnant. She did advise that i started taking a higher dose of folic acid, and she wrote to my dr to prescribe this.
She booked me in for a hsg test and dh for another sperm test as his results from previous test were poor. Thankfully both tests came back with good results.
We have our next appt in a few weeks so will be interesting to find out the next option.

Good luck hun xx

I saw my fs a few weeks after, but this was an appt that i already had booked. They didnt cancel it incase something happened, and as it turned out it did!
The fs carried on with tests that i was due to have but couldnt when i found out i was pregnant. She did advise that i started taking a higher dose of folic acid, and she wrote to my dr to prescribe this.
She booked me in for a hsg test and dh for another sperm test as his results from previous test were poor. Thankfully both tests came back with good results.
We have our next appt in a few weeks so will be interesting to find out the next option.

Good luck hun xx

Thank you so much for replying to this thread. :thumbup:

I hope my FS carries on as normal then. We had already done bloods, SA and HSG and she was talking about clomid next so fingers crossed.

Would you update the thread when you have been and I will do the same? It would be interesting to know for both of us and others who end up in the same situation. x

Of course i will update hun. I was put on metformin at the fs appt i had before we conceived. I have pcos which is why they gave me that, to help with ovulation.

Just noticed your signature hun, we had a mmc after 14 months ttc too. It's hard after sucha long time ttc isnt it? But we must stay strong and keep as positive as possible.

Good luck. If there is anything you need then just drop me a line anytime xx

Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone ever needed it or was interested.

I went to see FS yesterday and they just picked up where we left off before I fell pregnant. I've been prescribed clomid for 6 months so fingers crossed it works. x

hey hun,
Sorry I said I would update after my appt too. We went at the beginning of this month.

Well the hsg and sperm test results both came back normal so that was a relief!

I had decided that I was going to ask her about metformin when pregnant. I was told to come off it last time but lots of ladies have been told that it reduces the risk of miscarriage. So I started with explaining that I was on metformin and she interrupted me and said 'why are you on it?'. I explained that it was due to PCOS and she looked through my notes and said there was nothing there that was enough to give me this diagnosis! Apparently the scan notes actually said 'PCOSish'!! She was cross! She said that my hormone levels are normal and so are all the tests that I have had so far, so she said I needed to have a scan to start the process of a proper diagnosis. She said that if I was to be diagnosed with it then she would want to put me on clomid as well as the metformin.

Well a few days ago I got my BFP!!! This last cycle i have gone all out and have been rewarded for it!! i am very cautiously pregnant though and worry about every twinge due to the mc I had a few months ago. I pray it will all be ok though.

Sending you lots of luck hun and hope we can be baby chatting very soon xxx

That is so wonderful Pink Flamingo, congrats! May I ask what you did that was different this cycle?

Thanks hun!
Well I went back to using my cbfm this month. My cycles are usually about 35 days so from day 17 we started bding every other night and then on the 2 days I got my peak on the cbfm. I also used softcups and kept them in after sex until I got up the next morning. I used preseed (with the applicators) for the first time ever and I also took epo up until day 18.

I would recommend the preseed and softcups together. This def gives the sperm every possible chance in my mind and I think prob what did the job for us!

Xx

Thanks Pink! I haven't used soft cups before but if I don't fall this month I will definately look into it. The CBFM is my best friend though lol. I use it all the time. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->