FS appointment today

xsarahxxannx

Mother of 1 & pregnant
Reaction score
ATTENTION: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY LONG POST.

I just wanted to share a blurp from my journal with everyone about my FS appointment this morning. I thought it might help if anyone is about to have an appt and they are wondering what it is going to be like. This appt was to check my follicles, check my tubes to make sure they are open, and to give me a shot which will make me ovulate this week.

CD13:

Just got back from having lunch with my husband. I had an appt with my FS this morning and my husband is never able to come with me so I usually try to swing by his work and have lunch with him afterwards so that I can tell him all about it.
I hate that he isn't able to be there with me. He works all the time and it's hard for him to get off. He assured me today that once I do finally get pregnant he is definitely going to be coming with me to every appt! --- He had better!!

Okay so back to the appointment....
I was SUPER excited before I got there. I couldn't wait for this appointment to find out how things were looking and if my tubes were open and get the shot to ovulate...
Boy, now I'm wondering why the heck I was so excited for??? It was so painful!!!
I had to lie down and get the speculum inserted which hurts enough as it is... then he stuck a tube up INTO my cervix!!! ouchh!!! Maybe I just have a super sensitive cervix or something but I was really tense with pain. So the tube was in and then he shoved the sonogram stick up there and was looking around. There was a student doctor in there that I'm pretty sure felt bad for me.. he gave me his hand to squeeze which was really nice.
----Speaking of that---- I have always watched baby shows and thought in my mind that holding and squeezing someones hand couldnt possibly help with the pain. BUT contrary to my former belief, squeezing someones hand DOES IN FACT help! It helped a lot to hold the student doctors hand. I guess because I was focusing on squeezing his hand more than my discomfort. I guess you learn something new every day!

Okay so with the tube AND sonogram stick in place... they shook a syringe of saline water then attached it to the tube going up my yoohoo and squirted it up there. It was so weird watching her push it in and then actually seeing the bubbles on the moniter inside of me!! I started laughing for some odd reason. I just found it amazing.
They said that my tubes looked perfect and took everything out. I had such bad cramps though. They had me lie down for 10 minutes to let the cramps subside. (yeah right.. i had cramps for 2 hours after that appointment!)
The nurse came back and gave me a shot in my belly to make me ovulate... and then I was able to put my undies and shorts back on. Had to put a pad in my undies because I was bleeding and leaking saline. yuck. haha.

So that was the end of my appointment. It doesn't seem as bad while I'm writing it all down so apparently I'm just a big baby! It was really cool to see how I have been progressing while on clomid. They found a mature follicle that is going to release in the next few days so that's exciting! I guess a follicle has to be at least size 18 to be considered mature and mine was 22 so it's a good one!

Now that my cramps are gone, I'm really anxious. Me and hubby have to BD tonight and every other night this week!!! I get to POAS on May 7th. That lovely day is going to take so long to get here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->