FS or OBG-YN?? What is more helpful??

babyteach

Reaction score
So I do not know what to do...

My DH and I have been trying for 10 months. I started going to my obgyn in March 2011 to get checked because I went off the pill in Jan. and did not get a period. She had me wait a few months for the BC pills to get out of my system and come back and see what happened. Fast forward to May 2011, still no period. I went back to my obgyn and she ran a ton of tests and found out I had PCOS, which I had been telling her I thought I had all along (mother and sister have it). She had me try a few rounds of provera to induce a period and see if it would help me ovualte. Well a few months of that and nothing, no ovualtion, no period on my own. So in October she had me try 50mg of clomid, nothing, no ovualtion.Another round of Provera to induce a period and a second round of 100mg of clomid. Again nothing, no ovualtion! In November she started me on 1500mg of metformin and provera to induce a period. My period was taking longer than normal to show up so I called my obgyn to see what to do and she said go see a FS?!?!

Now were at today... I finally got my period, 7 days after provera and started 100mg of clomid days 5-9. I made an appt. with a FS for the 15th of Dec. I also have an appt with a different obgyn that can do IUI's if it gets to that point. So my question is do I go see a FS this early in the game (the FS is 1 1/2 away) or do I see a different obgyn that could possibly do the same thing a FS could do?? New obgyn is in my town.

Sorry it is so long I wanted it to make sense! I have both appt's and need to cancel one and do not know which one to go to!! Thanks ladies :hugs:

honestly they can probably both help and you almost need to take doctors of all sorts on a case by case basis. we have one crap fs and one amazing one it all just depends. Sorry my answer isn't much help but I saw nobody else had given you any advise.

Good luck

it never hurts to get a 2nd opinion or a 3rd or 4th however many until your comfortable with a doctor

Thanks ladies! I decided to keep my FS appt on the 15th and made an appt with the new obgyn on the 20th. I am going to compare what they each tell me and decide which one to go to after that :) Thanks again ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->