Fs2 school reports results

caz4541

Reaction score
My daughter has just brought her school report home and has got "expected" in everything. Is this good?

Thanks in advance for any replies

I believe that means she is at the expected level that she is meant to be according to the national standards, so yes that is good! We are getting ours in a few weeks so I haven't seen it yet. Are there comments as well, or just a tick box?

Yes, that is good as it means she is working at age related expectations across the board. (I am a reception teacher). There are 17 early learning goals which go across the 7 areas of learning (personal, social and emotional development, communication & language, physical development, literacy, maths, understanding of the world and expressive arts and design.) If a child scores 1/emerging that means that they have not yet acheieved that early learning goal. If they score 2/expected that means they have achieved that early learning goal so are working at age related expectations in that area. If they score 3/exceeding that means they are working above age related expectations.

In terms of the report the teacher should report to you on their achievement against the early learning goals and also the 'characteristics of effective learning'. These are the ways in which the child engages with other people and their environment – playing and exploring, active learning, and creating and thinking critically

Thanks for the replies. Yes there is a lot of description on the report, not just tick boxes

Ben also got 2 for every one. I'm just glad there was no ones!! There was descriptions too. His made me laugh though, he still struggles with a few things and the way she worded it was great 'Ben fully understands the class rules and tries his best to follow them' which he does bless him, but to me that reads as 'keep an eye on this one, he tries to break as many rules as he can'

I'm just hoping Y1 isn't too much of a shock to him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->