FTM: Severe Leakage Problems!

Ladybuggz

Mummy to my Oz!
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
FTM here to a 2 week old baby boy and attempting exclusive breastfeeding. Despite being born tiny (5lbs 11oz) Oscar has an enormous appetite, the midwife thinks he's on a big growth spurt. He feeds around every 2 hours for around an hour at a time (and must go through around 15-20 nappies a day :dohh:).

I'm having some severe leaking (especially at night). Milk manages to surpass my breastpads, bra, top and then soaks the bedding. I never expected they'd be so much! I go through several tops and bedsheets every few days. I've also developed one big boob (I've gone from a B to around a DD/E) while my other breast has remained around a C (so I have no clue as to what size maternity bra to buy, I'd be ordering a bra online so won't be able to get professionally measured).

Has anyone else had similar issues? Any way around them? The mere sound of a baby murmur and I'm flooded :blush:

I had similar problems so really feel for you but my only re assurance is that it didn't last 2 long. I used for sleep on 2 towels for a few weeks. I would advise getting someone to check your latch on your bigger boob incase it's not fully emptying. By 6 week's my supply was much more calm. I also found changing breast pad brand helped. For me tommee tippee ones were way better than any otheir coz they were so wide. I also used to put a breast milk shell in the side I wasn't feeding. That way I could add it to my expressed. Milk stash and save it going to waste.

Hmm the unbalanced boobs suggest a slight issue somewhere, I'd get that checked like pp has suggested.

In the early weeks I had to sleep wrapped in a towel because the leaking was that bad! It gets better, stick with it. I haven't leaked since about 2 months post partum I think.

Cloth nappies in my sleep bra is what I ended up doing.
I'm afraid for me it never settled down however I don't think that's the nir

Sorry!
Not the norm.
It was a small annoyance in the whole picture and I ebf til 6 months abd weaned after 12m.
I would also seek professional advice, ds always had a preference for my left breast and it produced slightly more but not to that extent.
Xx

The leaking didn't completely stop for me, but definitely got better right about 2 weeks. At least, I wasn't leaking at night anymore. It should get better for you very soon. I skipped the nursing pads and just stuffed a receiving blanket in my bra while sleeping during the first couple weeks.

&&& my breasts were a little uneven, as my son preferred the left boob at first, but once my supply was fully established they evened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->