FTM small bump

Sprinklebump

Reaction score
Hi ladies and bumps!
First time poster, long time reader! I'm a single, FTM. I'm 5'2" and was 130-135 lbs pre-pregnancy, now at 25 weeks I'm 150 lbs! I've had a rather "easy" pregnancy thus far. I feel movement (started about 19w) but not as often or as strong as I'd like. I feel like my bump is so small! I cannot seem to assure myself! I know I've gained a bit of weight but I just can't imagine how a growing baby is getting along in there, when my belly just does not seem big enough! I've read other posts about how "baby has room to twirl with abundance" and then I see measurements and it just doesn't seem possible, physically! Where the heck is my baby!? Lol. I also don't "see" my belly move. He's never kicked anything off of me, like others have mentioned. Never makes a cup of water jiggle. I don't know. I feel like I'm already an impatient, overbearing mother who has these unreasonable expectations for my child, and I don't know how to stop obsessing over it. I want those lose your breath kicks! I want bruised ribs and my bladder to be a trampoline! How is this not happening? Does any one else feel this way? I've tried everything to provoke movements I can share- with who- I don't know. It just doesn't seem real.

First off welcome on board.

I can honestly say that I never had anything ever kicked off my stomach when I was expecting DS, and he was a very active little boy (and still is!). If you had strong stomach muscles before you became pregnant then that's a likely candidate for why you're still small. Don't worry yourself to much though, you'll get those painful kicks to the ribs when you're further along. Those painful moments didn't happen to me until I was way past 30 weeks.

Hi and and welcome :hugs:
I was only today talking to someone about how people constantly make me feel paranoid about the size of my bump..some say omg your so small, then my partner and family think I'm huge haha. I honestly think everyone is just different!
I'm a ftm too, I'm 5'3 and was around 132lbs pre pregnancy so we are pretty similar :shrug:
I'm almost 27 weeks and only see slight movements on the outside I'm sure those huge kicks are to come! I'm just enjoying this stage as I'm staring to get uncomfy already so enjoy it whilst you can because I'm sure it won't last...
Xx

Welcome and congratulations.
I never had a bump until 6/7 months with my 1st. Even now on my 4th im not showing that much. My 1st was 8lb 4oz as well lol so im not sure where he was hiding!

Thank you all for your reassuring responses and warm welcomes! And congratulations to all of you as well! :hugs:

Do you have an anterior placenta? That could be why you can't feel baby strongly yet.
I'm 25 weeks and still only feel light movement. I can't see anything from the outside (minus when he shifts his whol body to one side and I can see a bulge. But no actual movement). And husband can still only feel it from the outside when I'm laying down very still.

Welcome! As PP said, if you have strong abdominal muscles that might be part of why you are not popping as much. Generally FTMs don't show as much as second and third timers but every pregnancy is different. Also keep in mind that the uterus is also squishing your bladder and intestines, so that is also where all the bump could be going

We have the same dimensions roughly. I usually was about 115-120 pre-pregnancy at 5'2" but when we conceived I was 102 lbs. Now I am about 125 lbs and have a small pot belly but don't look like I am showing even though I'm at 5 months.
Anterior placenta could be why you are not feeling as many movements but you will, baby will run out of room eventually.
Some people see movement from the outside at this point but those "lose your breath" kicks probably won't be until baby is much bigger!

It's great to know I'm not alone with the smaller than expected bump for my size, and not seeing the movements (as I've seen in videos for 25w)! I read an old forum where a girl described her bump kicking an entire laptop off of her belly and I guess it's safe to assume she is carrying the Incredible Hulk! Lol! I sometimes notice him all balled up to one side or the other. I don't feel or see him rolling around. Just occasional twitches. I poke and press and flash lights drink ice water and play music and rarely get a measurable reaction when I'm trying to. I am desperate to play poke and chase with my bump but he must be terrified of me, always disturbing him. I imagine him standing straight up and down and clinging to my spine to keep safe from the pokes lol. I'm weird. I get some pretty good kicks in my sides (near/below my ribs) when I'm in the car and when I lay on my left side. But never on my hand, no matter how long I keep it there. Also my abdominal muscles were never flat or toned, I've always had a little pouch of sorts. And my belly shape isn't so round, now. I have sort of a cave in below my belly button, as if he's got his two legs spread out straight in front like a sitting doll. When I press on my right side I feel "something" but it doesn't really move away and I feel like I'm poking him in the eye! Lol I sit Indian style a lot and lean forward, sometimes quite far, and my boob was kicked while it rested on my belly -once. That was the biggest kick I have felt so far and it was 2 weeks ago. This boy is a tricky little one. I'm rambling now. Lol

Sorry I keep forgetting to confirm, I do indeed have an anterior placenta. I know it's most likely cushioning the movements. But with the small bump I feel like I should be able to feel more, even so.

Sorry I keep forgetting to confirm, I do indeed have an anterior placenta. I know it's most likely cushioning the movements. But with the small bump I feel like I should be able to feel more, even so.

It might be a good idea to call up your OB or MW and let them know. Every baby's temperament is different, even in the womb! Try not to compare and talk to your doc if you're really concerned :hugs:

But trust me, you have 15 weeks at most and the baby is going to get bigger and run out of room in there!

I'm going in tomorrow and I'm definitely going to mention all of this. You have all made me feel a lot better in the meantime! Sometimes just talking about it helps put your mind at ease! Many blessings to you all!

You are too early to have your baby kick anything off your belly, see movement or get kicked really hard. I only had that towards the end ;)
My bump was a bloat until about 28 weeks and I did not truly pop until 34. This time around I am bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->