Full bladder for 20 week scan?

Vonny1537

Reaction score
Hi all, we have our 20 week scan tomorrow, but it's so long since it was booked I can't remember if it's important to have a full bladder like for the 12 week scan? Probably a dumb question but I have the worst case of baby brain lol 😂

I believe you do. From what I remember when I was pregnant with my first. :)

On the letter I got it told me to have a full bladder :)

Thanks, our appointment is 8am so that should be fun 😜

My letter said to drink between 1 and 2 pints an hour before. My scan was at 8.30 was not fun lol. Good luck x

Really?! I was told there was no reason for that because you're far enough along-I didn't have to and they saw baby just fine...maybe each dr is different but I know I didn't have to do it with my other pregnancies and each baby I've had were born in different states lol

Every ultrasound I have had, they've said I need to have a full bladder. My last ultrasound was at 36 weeks and I had to drink 30 ounces of water 1 hour before my appointment and I couldn't use the bathroom. It was pure torture waiting for my turn and during the ultrasound lol.

Yes. I had mine a few weeks ago and when my DH asked the tech why it needed to be full, since I was in pain from having to pee so bad, she said it helps push the bladder and intestines out of the way for a clearer picture of the baby. Mine was at 8:40 and I drank so much it was killing me to sit. Good luck!

Thanks ladies, gonna have to be up super early then, fun trip to the hospital with my legs crossed 😜 getting really nervous now. Dread and excitement at the same time! Hope we can find out the sex, I know it depends but I'm dying to know! X

Piece of advice for you ladies. Given to me by my sister in law. She did it, i copied and we both have some of clearest scans ive seen. Drink a pint of water an hour before but if u need to pee u must pee. BUT! Take a bottle of water with you and top yourself after xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->