Full Blood Count- what was yours?

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Was reading my preg book last night and it said if your full blood count goes as low as 11 then you may be perscribed iron tablets...

... so I looked in my mat notes and my last blood test showed 12.5!!

is this still low or is it fine??

What was yours?? :):)

my midwife said ideally they like it to be around 13, so yours sounds fine :)
im unlucky, on 3 iron tablets a day and mines only 7.8 :(

Hmm on mine it says

full blood count

then below theres a lift of 'terms' and numbers next to it.

Which 1 should you be lookin at mine? Mind u that was from my 12 week bloods so would it be the same?

Hmm on mine it says

full blood count

then below theres a lift of 'terms' and numbers next to it.

Which 1 should you be lookin at mine? Mind u that was from my 12 week bloods so would it be the same?

it should say FBC and a number next to it,
ur be due for another blood test in a couple of weeks, so shouldnt be too different

no, says the words full blood count but theres no numbers

they perhaps didn't do it bein 12 week bloods. Theres a list of words below the bit that says full blood count such as WBC PLT Hct. Think i get ma bloods done next appt anyways - jus made me curious.

They do normally test your FBC at 12wks i think, so they know what is normal for you when they do it again.

12.5 is perfectly fine and healthy. Mine is always around 9 or 10 but thats because of my blood disorder. If you are concerned and want to increase it naturally they eat more protein and green leafy veg...

ooo sorry leedsforever, i just realised i kinda took over didn't mean too sorry. U jus made me curious! :blush: :dohh:

oh dont be silly....

... no such thing as taking over lol!!! I say that cos I do it all the time :winkwink:

Chat away :)
xxxx :hugs:

the fbc ranges for women are 11.5 - 17
mine at my 12 week bloodswas 14.5 At my 28 week bloods it was 10.8 so i was started on pregaday. I had a repeat blood test done a few weeks ago and it was 11.8, so its at the lower end of the normal range so the midwife has advised me to continue pregaday

Yeh my MW said thats why they do another blood test at 28 weeks... because most womens iron does fall

my "score" of 12.5 was from my test at 11 weeks!!
I havent yet got my results back from my 28 weeks one!!

Hm...my bloods don't seem to have blood count on them. Lots of other stuff some of which I can guess They all have the normal range printed next to them and I'm smack bang in the middle of everything.

Hm...my bloods don't seem to have blood count on them. Lots of other stuff some of which I can guess They all have the normal range printed next to them and I'm smack bang in the middle of everything.

not jus me then???

Blood count is your HB. Mine is 13.4. I phoned the midwife as i thought i might be slightly aneamic and she said my blood count at 12wks was very good and wouldn't have dropped dramatically since then. She also said my Hb would have to be under 10 before i'd be given iron tablets.

my first bloods at 22 weeks were 11.3 and my 28 weeks level was 12.8 she said this is normal. I think she said its usually below 10 and they say ur anaemic

mmmm! Looked at mine and it was 11.8 at 12 weeks just had it done again for 28 week check up and bin feelin really knackerd - probably cause am huge!! - but will be interestin to see what the results are this time x :baby:

yeh thats what Im waiting for Vicky!!! Before she took them she commented on my tan :):) and then said but your face looks quite pale!! She said thats a sign!!
Ive felt quite tired all pregnancy to be honest but it may be due to my job and like you say SIZE :):)

mmmmm just had a look at my pregnancy notes and my first blood test at 16 weeks says it is 13.2
at 28 weeks it is 11.3
so it has dropped but i assume i am okay otherwise the doc would have given me iron tablets.

platelets were 314 - means nothing to me! doc wrote it in my notes.

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"