Full Blood Count- what was yours?

we figured it out last night, well i say we, thats the royal we as in OH did :rofl:

Mine was 12.9 at 12 weeks so hopefully not too bad?

I'm guessing that the units are different. My Hb at 11 weeks was 130 (presumably an order of magnitude diffferent). It gives the normal range as 115-165 so I'm comfortably in there. Units are g/l so maybe others are being measured in g/cl which would make sense. They didn't take any more blood at my last appointment. Presumably will at my next.

My only problem was a slightly active immune system with white blood cells and neutrocytes just tipping outside the higher end of normal. The MW was not worried though. I suffer with glandular fever so I wouldn't be surprised if my immune system was always a bit overactive trying to deal with it.

at 12 weeks mine was 11.4 i was a little wrried but midwife said not to be and we'll see how my bloods go next week if they drop they'll look at putting me on something. xx

This thread is very useful!!

I had no idea what all the letters were, just that I was low on RBC (3.94), high on WBC (11.5) low on HCT (0.35) and High on Neutrophils (8.49), my Hb is at 11.5

So I guess this means that my immune systems working overtime, and I'm not anaemic... no idea about the rest.. lol..

Why can't they just tell you what everything is??

Em
x

This thread is very useful!!

I had no idea what all the letters were, just that I was low on RBC (3.94), high on WBC (11.5) low on HCT (0.35) and High on Neutrophils (8.49), my Hb is at 11.5

So I guess this means that my immune systems working overtime, and I'm not anaemic... no idea about the rest.. lol..

Why can't they just tell you what everything is??

Em
x

i kno rbc = red blood cells and wbc= white blood cells. HB is hemoglobin but the other 2 i don't kno! Ya immune system isn't workin overtime, its the opposite, it becomes surpressed when your pregnant otherwise your body would reject the baby. That was in some mag i was readin lol

I just asked my anaesthetist pal:
Neutrophill (Neut) - white blood cell that generally fights bacteria
Lymphocytes (Lymph) - white blood cell that generally fights viruses
Monocytes (Mono) - white blood cellthat fights lots - sometimes parasites
Hct - haematocrit - reflection on number of red blood cells in plasma (marker of anaemia)
MCV - mean cell volume - size of red blood cells
MCH - mean cell haemoglobin - amount of Hb in each red cell
RDW - red cell distribution width - marker of size of red cells - spectrum of old and new cells - reflects how many red cells are mature and immature
Eosinophil (EOS) - white blood cell often associated with allergy and parasites
basophil (Baso) - white blood cell which flights who knows what!

I think the others are obvious:
RBC - red blood cell
Hb - haemoglobin
WBC - white blood cell
PLT - platelets

Hope this helps!

mine was 11 for ages and they were happy with that it was only when it got to 7 that i started iron tablets

Mine is 13.1 and with my last pregnancy it was 14 x

Hi All,

Mine was 12.5 at 15 weeks... told it is fine.... not got an appt or been told they need to check it again. Is that normal or should I be having another check soon??

thanks
x

Hi All,

Mine was 12.5 at 15 weeks... told it is fine.... not got an appt or been told they need to check it again. Is that normal or should I be having another check soon??

thanks
x

Im pretty sure at 28 weeks they will do another set of bloods!! Which will be checked again for the same thing :):)

I got my bloods back and it dropped down to 10.4!! She said normally they dont do anything until it goes below 10.1 but has perscribed me iron tablets anyway because I said I felt really tired!! :) Hopefully Ill start having more energy!

10.4 isn't too bad. Thats good that ya mw prescribed ya iron tablets before it can get that bit lower.

Wow 8.8 Rachel! Bet ya shattered hun!!

Lol
I thought mine was ok, it was 8.1 last time i was in hospital but at my most recent check it was 8.8 (without me taking iron tablets)
Not getting much sleep anyway so constantly walking around like a zombie, but i REFUSE point blank to take them horrible tablets! they knock me sick on top of making me stop go the toilet so i would rather feel a little tired than Ill again lol.

xx

Hiya ladies. When i was pregnant with my daughter i had 3 blood transfusions because at it's lowest mine was 6.9. When it got to 8 i had iron inections.

If any of you have lower than 8 you really should see your doctor about it. The reason it needs to be so 10 or above is because you will loose blood during the birth and the week that follows.

I got really poorly with it and i just want to advice you ladies to stay healthy and if it is low see your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->