Full moon !

Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing on my ball. Come on baby!

I'm only 30 weeks but I've been having some terrible BH all morning and this afternoon. I wonder if there is some truth to the full moon theory!

Ugh the torture for us all..... I have had 3-8 contractions an hr allllll day pretty much .... Just got done working.... Heading to target to walk around and push a heavy cart.... Maybe I should stare at the moon while I'm out there too haha

I'm having contractions that don't even hurt .... Ugh .... And there is no full moon here due to the blizzard in the sky instead :(

Lucky you!!
Question....
So I was walking around the store and literally felt and heard a pop sound at the top left side of my belly .... Wth can that be? I always heard when ur water breaks u hear a pop sound... But there's no leaking waters!

Could just be the baby moving....my friend heard that a lot with both Her pregnancies

Lucky you!!
Question....
So I was walking around the store and literally felt and heard a pop sound at the top left side of my belly .... Wth can that be? I always heard when ur water breaks u hear a pop sound... But there's no leaking waters!

My bump is always clicking, it happened in my first pregnancy too. I think it started at about 35 weeks and happens so randomly! It might be the same thing as mine?

I am seeing my consultant today and potentially having a sweep done (my midwife said they're allowed to give a sweep at 39 weeks in hospital). I really really really really hope baby has engaged lower into my pelvis. I am so nervous!!! I will let you know how i get on!

Gem_x how did the sweep go?!
Thanks ladies !! I didn't bother asking my dr what the pop was today.... He was in major ahole mode .... I already posted my rant over that.... Such a lousy checkup! Well cheers to next weeks!
AshleyPauline good luck on your sweep tomorrow!:)

Gem_x how did the sweep go?!
Thanks ladies !! I didn't bother asking my dr what the pop was today.... He was in major ahole mode .... I already posted my rant over that.... Such a lousy checkup! Well cheers to next weeks!
AshleyPauline good luck on your sweep tomorrow!:)

Thank you for asking about sweep :hugs:
I don't really know how it's left me feeling. Dr said cervix is really high and hard which means not at all favorable, she wrote down 'sweep not possible' but she did attempt to massage my cervix just to encourage it. I've had slight bleeding since but nothing else, even my BH have stopped.

I am booked in for induction at 41 weeks exactly, next Friday. I was told to get a second sweep eanext week, but my midwife at the doctors surgery only works Weds and Thurs, and the Dr said its a long time to have to wait, and to try and get it done sooner, but what can I do?

It was the second sweep that kick started my first labour off, but if I have to wait till Weds, it might not have an affect in time before induction on Friday.

I'm kinda surprised they're doing induction as early as 41 weeks. I had my first LO at 41+1 after labour started on its own. I thought they'd wait till at least ten days over, rather than seven. Honestly I think it's because baby is measuring on the bigger scale, not too big that anyone is worried, thankfully, but I am hesitant to request putting induction off in case it's the sensible thing to do to get him out earlier.

Just feel a little deflated, like I'm on a timer of one week now. Dr told me to phone midwife and request am earlier 2nd sweep, but if she doesn't work Mon and Tues then what exactly can I do? :cry:

How are you getting on? :flower:

I have my sweep this morning hopefully!!!!! I have been contracting like crazy since yesterday when I went walking and I now have this new hip pain?! Ugh and my pelvis feels like it's on Fire. I need her out. I'm sick of being in pain for only a little progress �� hopefully I'm more than just "almost 2cms" today! And cervix is favorable to the sweep. Good luck gem with getting an earlier appt!

Awww, sorry to hear that Gem:( I hope u can get a sweep? Even if its a day before induction ! Not too late :) last time, I had my 2nd sweep the day before induction.... I didn't think it worked as all I had was spotting for the day, well by 8:00pm I felt ltd of BH , by 10 I kind of questioned them but decided to go to get some keep for the big day, I woke at 3 am with horrid contractions.... I had to be at the hospital by 6:30am for induction , by the time I got there I was having great contractions on my own and already 90% effaced and dilated to a 4.... They broke my water by 8:00, by 9:45 they still have me pitocin to speed it up , I had him by 1:30 and 3 pushes :) ..... When I was induced with my first it was horrid, I was only 30% effaced and not dilated, I had him 25 torturous hrs after pitocin and 3 hrs of pushing followed by forceps :/ I highly recommend getting another sweep even if its just hrs before! You never know:) best of luck to you and keep us posted!!

Good luck today Ashley! Wondering how quick you will go'!

Awww, sorry to hear that Gem:( I hope u can get a sweep? Even if its a day before induction ! Not too late :) last time, I had my 2nd sweep the day before induction.... I didn't think it worked as all I had was spotting for the day, well by 8:00pm I felt ltd of BH , by 10 I kind of questioned them but decided to go to get some keep for the big day, I woke at 3 am with horrid contractions.... I had to be at the hospital by 6:30am for induction , by the time I got there I was having great contractions on my own and already 90% effaced and dilated to a 4.... They broke my water by 8:00, by 9:45 they still have me pitocin to speed it up , I had him by 1:30 and 3 pushes :) ..... When I was induced with my first it was horrid, I was only 30% effaced and not dilated, I had him 25 torturous hrs after pitocin and 3 hrs of pushing followed by forceps :/ I highly recommend getting another sweep even if its just hrs before! You never know:) best of luck to you and keep us posted!!

Good luck today Ashley! Wondering how quick you will go'!

It is so daunting having a date set for induction, feels like a race against time now rather than just excitedly waiting :shrug:

I managed to see my normal midwife today and she said that she can fit me first thing Tuesday morning, instead of Weds :happydance: That is something, and if no sign of baby over weekend, then it's something to look forward to and gives me the rest of the week to go into labour naturally :happydance:

I am really scared of induction, the dr said that after a previous c-sec, the harsh contractions that you get from artificially starting labour can sometimes be dangerous on the scar, and it really freaked me out, i started questioning whteher i'd rather just go elective c-sec! I want to avoid induction at all costs, but all i can do is wait. :dohh:

Good luck ashleypauline!! Let us know how it goes :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->