Full of the flu since having the flu jab over 2 weeks ago!?

Sarah1508

Proud Mummy of two ღ
Reaction score
So yeah the title says it all really :haha: anyone else had this?
I got the flu jab for the first time over two weeks ago and the next day I had what I thought was a wee cold and heard was normal to even have that for 24 to 48 hours, after about two days it turned into much more then just a cold and I've had flu like symptoms ever since :dohh: (which isn't the best atm as I have awful Ms which is draining in itself never mind anything else) I haven't actually been taking anything for it either because I didn't know what I could and couldn't take but today and yesterday I've just been like a zombie so my oh phoned nhs 24 to see what I could take or not and they said they would give us a call back and when they did it was actually my own gp that called back and he said that I could only take paracetamol (which has helped my head slightly) and then he said I need to come in on Monday if I still have these symptoms as its a very long time to have cold/flu like symptoms after the jab... So now I'm left kinda like waaahhh!? What's wrong with me!? :dohh: just need a bit of reassurance is all :haha:

If it were the flu then you more than likely came in contact with it prior to getting the shot or soon after. It is good that your doctor is seeing you but I've had symptoms last for 2+ weeks. Have your symptoms improved at all?

Symptoms are just getting worse day by day, think that's why the doctors wanting to see me I'm not sure :/

The flu shot will not give you the flu it is a dead virus,however you could have come into contact with the flu in another way before your body could build up antibodies. It takes the flu shot two weeks to work.

The flu shot will not give you the flu it is a dead virus,however you could have come into contact with the flu in another way before your body could build up antibodies. It takes the flu shot two weeks to work.

Agree!

It takes 10-14 days for your body to take in, process and start making antibiotics. If you started feeling poorly within few days its more likely you already had virus floating around.

If you continue to get worse deffo see gp and will check for infections if youve got one you are able to take a course antibiotics to help this.

Agree!

It takes 10-14 days for your body to take in, process and start making antibiotics. If you started feeling poorly within few days its more likely you already had virus floating around.

If you continue to get worse deffo see gp and will check for infections if youve got one you are able to take a course antibiotics to help this.

If it truly is the flu then her doctor won't prescribed her antibiotics (if he's smart). Doctors getting "antibiotic happy" is why we have resistant viral strains. The flu is a virus so antibiotics won't help but if he rules out the flu and feels it is an infection (like upper respiratory) then you'll get antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->