Full term? Anyone else still working?

JoHio

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you Mommas are still working? I am just over 38 weeks, and still at it. (Disclaimer: I own my own business, so I can be flexible with the hours but I do still have employees and clients to look after).

My husband thinks I should stop, full stop, now. Men, eh? Wondering if anyone is going back and forth on what to do this late in the game? Part of me thinks I should just step back (as far as possible) and let my senior staff handle stuff...but....I'm having issues. Even though they are completely reliable and lovely and competent.

I worked till just over 38 weeks last time (due to SPD stopped a lot sooner this time) but really depends how you are feeling. Remember that you could go in to labour at any time so it kind of makes sense to be handing things over now even if you are still around as you don’t want to suddenly leave with a load of stuff on your plate that no one knows about. Maybe he cutting down a bit, just go in mornings only or 2/3 days a week instead of all the time? Really up to you how you feel but just make sure everyone is aware of your workload in case you get caught short quickly and have to rush off, that would be more stressful! X

I am!! My due date is Thursday and I am working Full time 8 hours a day, until my Due date.

Don't get me wrong I am absolutely exhausted... however the circumstances around this maternity leave left me without much of an option.

Long story short, we hired for my position (I am the only one within my company who knows my position) - I spent 5 weeks training the new hire for her to take a permanent position elsewhere. So, I started over training someone new 3 weeks ago. That is pretty much the only reason I am still here. However, I still feel really good, better than I did at 36 Weeks when my doctor wanted me to come off.

If you feel ok, its ok to work. Just take breaks and rest. I ended up being off a full month almost before DS was born because he was 11 days late. Part of me wished I would have worked a bit more.

I'm not term yet but plan to work as long as possible. I also run my own business and had a hard time deciding when I should stop with my first 2 pregnancies. I told my clients I was going to quit taking on new work about 3 works before my due date as it takes about 2 weeks to complete projects. I had one project half done when dd1 was born and had literally just finished everything I had open when dd2 was born. Hoping I can time it out that good again this time! If you feel up to continuing to work by all means do it, just make sure that you are handing over anything that isn't a daily type task because you'd hate to be in the middle of something when baby comes and someone else has to unexpectedly pick it up. Good luck to you :)

I'm not term yet, but I will be working until I deliver then right back as soon as I can walk again (ok, I'm actually planning to take a week off post-delivery, 2 weeks if I really need it). I don't have any maternity leave though. If I was able to take time off I would probably stop a week or two before my due date just to make life easier.

I am still working and plan to work right up until delivery date. I am very lucky though in that I can work from home a lot and only go into the office periodically. I will take around 7 months off after DD is born :)

Thank you, ladies! I am being made to feel like I am insane. I really don't feel stressed by my decision to keep working, but I am lucky, since I am a creative consultant, so my job is not exactly physically demanding. And I can work easily from home and spend most of my day sitting, writing, reading, chatting in meetings, etc. Sure, I still go to the gym everyday (for my sanity!), but I am not required to be on my feet or anything for work. If I was a teacher or doctor or nurse or any job that required me to be up and moving all the time, I'd have tapped out a LONG time ago. Physically, I am good to go in the morning, but by mid-day, the pain and pressure is pretty intense. No way I could make it through a whole day.

Of course, I will take a week or two off after baby is born, and will just do what I did last time: assign tasks from afar and manage anything that's necessary, but no one really needed me to do even that after #3, so I am sure I can take as much time as I want, really. :) (But I don't get maternity pay, so I don't want to take too much time, ya know?)

I think the type of job you have matters. I work from home occasionally and when I'm at work my job is a desk job in my own office. I can move around whenever I need to. I also get to make my own hours so I can leave early or come in late as needed. Physically demanding jobs are probably a whole other story. People are probably just commenting based on their own experiences, which may have involved more physically difficult jobs or just rougher pregnancies.

i'm 34 weeks and working full time - finding it really hard though i wish i had given my notice earlier and stopped at 35 weeks that way i could prepare better as of right now i dont have my temp replacement coming in until next week then i'm training her for 2 weeks - hopefully she can take on most of the workload though and i can kinda relax. I'm doing full stop at 38 weeks since i may be induced at 39 :(

I'm still at it, but my last day is planned for Feb 14 when I will be 39 weeks. At this point though...it's day to day. I might just do a few more.

It's tough, isn't it? Part of me just wants to walk away and 'enjoy' whatever time I have left being pregnant (a couple days shy of 40 weeks), and then the other part of me thinks I should just keep at it to keep busy, and max results. I can't win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->