Full term baby weighing less than 6lb

Hiya,

my lo was born at 36 weeks and was 5lb 12oz when we left hosp. He had doubled his birthweight by 10 weeks or so, and is now ENORMOUS :haha: He's around 25lb at coming up for 9 months - has always had a healthy appetite and is bigger than most of his peers! His dad was a huge baby, so I think it's genetic.

I'm sure all will be fine.

x

Hi

I have a 3 1/2 year old son who was born at 38 weeks five days and he weighed 5 pound 6 when born. They told me he was going to be small because my placenter was dying too early. But they were not concerned. We had trouble getting him to eat. ( from day one he was on formula) and he never reached the graph line that the doctors plot to check his weight. He has had every test know to man to find out why he is so small but every thing came back fine. He is now three and a half and only weighs 11 kg and still wears size 00 pants. Just recently I had a baby girl and every thing was normal with this pregnancy no problem with my placenter. But when born at 39 weeks 3 days she weighed 5 pound 15. She is only ten days old but has had no troubles feeding and has gained about 300 grams already. So I think some people just have small babies. Hope this helps.

My first baby was born at 38+ weeks and weighed 5lbs 8oz. She is now almost 11 and healthy. No one said they were worried when I left the hospital. She was iugr when inside me tho.

I was 10 days over and my LO weighed 6lb 12oz. No one was concerned. She's 7 months and now weights 17lb 6oz

I was almost 37 weeks when DS2 was born at 5lbs 14oz. Anything 5lbs 8oz or under at full term is considered Low Birth weight. Just because their low birthweight doesn't mean their unhealthy though. Some women just make small babies between body type, genetics of mom and baby, nutrition, environmental factors, stress, etc. Not all of those are negative things. I wouldn't have been able to have a vaginal birth with a baby much over 7lbs, so mine being on the smaller side was a good thing. He caught up by about 12-18 mos and is now 90% for height and 85th for weight at 2.5yrs old. Even preemies usually catch up by 2yrs old. As long as the baby is healthy it's nothing to worry about, but I know that's easy to say when it's not me. Good mom's worry.:hugs:

my baby was born at 38weeks weighing 6lbs.

we checked her weight september 7th at the DR. and she was 3.90kg or 8lbs 9oz:shrug:

not sure whats normal or what but as long as baby is gaining and growing steadily.

Hi, my baby was born exactly 40 weeks and was 5 and half pounds, he spent some time (only a few hours) in the NICU and had jaundice which went away after two weeks. Doctors were concerned when I went in for a scan at 32 weeks, they said he was measuring small and wanted to move my due date up by 4 weeks! However, when he was born on the 29th June exactly as my original due date had predicted they didn't speak much of it and they said he was AGA. Bit confusing but he's doing really well now and at 2 months he was 11 pounds and is developmentally doing great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->