Fundal Height Issue, Have To Go For An Ultrasound? Help :(

kaylamariee

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Today I had an OB appointment, she did her regular measurments. Took my blood pressure and measured my uterus.. Now I don't know how this works but she can probably measure the baby's height somehow ?
The past 3 appointments, the first one I weighed 133.2 lbs, the second one I weighed 132.8 and this time I weighed 133.8 lbs.. So it seems like I'm not gaining weight hardly, even though I eat quite a bit.
At my 20 week ultrasound all the measurements and organs were fine.. I have to go for an ultrasound next wednesday and the ultrasound paper says "SF height behind dates, ensure adequate growth".. She told me today not to worry about it, but I'm kind of freaking out :(

Can someone please explain this to me? I want my baby to be perfect and healthy, I'm just kind of scared..

i think they mean symphysis fundal height. Which is the measurement of the top of your womb down to your pubic bone. This should normally correspond to the week of gestation but it can be upto 3 weeks off because of baby's position. It is natural to be worried but the baby can be growing absolutely fine even if you have not put on any weight. I have lost weight this pregnancy and currently weight about 10 pounds less than I did at my 11 week check. I have had growth scans and the baby so far is right on average growth. I am now 29 weeks. Hope this helps :hugs:

Don't stress about it. They are measurring how big your uteris is I'm measuring about 5 weeks ahead but baby is on track also sometimes baby can be sitting diff and that can throw it off the ultrasound is just to make sure but really don't stress!

Thank you both so much !
And thank you for clearing that up, was not sure what SF standed for.
You have both made me feel so much better :)

Don't worry too much about it. I kept having NST and ultrasounds with my DD because my fundal height was so far behind, but she was perfectly fine...I just hid her well :)

I wouldn't worry too much, fundal height is not all that accurate to be honest!

At all my appointments my fundal height has been spot on, but when I had my growth scan on friday (due to GD) they found that baby is measuring an average of 2/3 weeks ahead :dohh:

So it can go either way!

Had an ultra sound two weeks ago for measuring 3 weeks off... Baby is totally normal size and fine...

Also as a side note...
I haven't gained any weight and I wasn't big to start with either.

I was behind last they checked me then during my Ecv they said she was about 6 1/2 lbs and as for weight I was 160 when I gotta pregnant lost down to 150 now I am 161 so no biggy

Thanks everyone,
Has gave me a lot of reassurance :)
One week till ultrasound, sure everything will be fine!

im measuring 3cm short but had a scan and he is dong fine, they take the average bump size of many women so you may just be smaller bump but totally fine x

MissPolley - Yes, I do have quite a small bump..
Everyone says your 'place week here'?! You don't look that far along..
But everything has measured fine until now, I'm sure everythings still fine though..
Gonna try not to worry till ultrasound, don't want to be stressed out all week..
Happy thoughts x lol

I'm sure everything's fine, are you particularly tall? I had this last-time and fundal height was lower than norm as I have more abdominal space as I'm on the tall side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->