Fundraising for my son with kidney failure

emmamc258

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but thought this might be a good place to start, as I believe there are lots of us mums who can relate to one another's situations when it comes to sick children/kids with special needs. My son has kidney failure, and needs to start dialysis soon, which will last indefinitely until they can fix his non-functioning bladder (no point in putting a new kidney in if the bladder will destroy it like it did with his own!)
Our problem is that we live on a small island in Scotland and have to travel by boat then train or car to the nearest children's renal unit (Yorkhill in Glasgow). During the autumn/winter months, the boats are less than reliable, and he NEEDS to be there, so we may have to relocate for the duration of his treatment. This will mean taking him out of school, away from his friends and everything that he knows. We are trying to arrange fundraising for accommodation/living expenses for this time, as we also have 2 younger children (Ava, 4 and Luca, 1) and have no idea how we are going to keep normal life going for them, as Ava is starting school in August, so it will be a huge upheaval for her too. If you could take a minute to visit our fundraising page and read Matthew's story and perhaps consider making a small donation, any amount would be massively appreciated and can make a huge difference. Thank you so much just for taking the time to read this,

Emma

I forgot to add the link to our fundraising page! :blush:
Anyway, it's matthewsfund.blogspot. co. uk
Thanks again,

Emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member