Furniture delivery question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Rah, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Rah

Rah Mummy to 2 princesses

On friday hubby took the day iff work as the babys furniture was getting delivered and he could put it up and start getting the room ready
    So it arrives at 10am and we start putting it together well by we i mean he did i sat in the corner with the dog reading the instructions :)

We got to the wardrobe and it was broken so i rang the helpline and a new one is getting delivered on monday but they said to make sure someone is there to help with delivery hubby cant take another day off work and everyone else is working so the delivery guy is going to have to come into the house collect the broken one and put the new one inside
    But i was told they wont do this as they are not insured incase of any damage to the wall paper etc

Does anyone know if they will leave it inside for me or will i be sitting on the front all day making sure no trys to take it until hubby can come home from work? Its DHL who will be delivering it

2. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

Sorry huni I have no idea just didnt want to r&r

3. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Tbh hun, i find most delievery drivers. Who are almost human will help any pregnant woman out and put items inside. I had a dhl delivery and he brough the stuff into my livingroom

4. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

I had my furniture delivered by DHL - on the letter confirming thr delivery they said that the driver wouldn't come into the house due to insurance purposes, but the guy who came was really nice and took it all inside for me xx

5. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

we had a shed delivered and they said they would leave it in your driveway and no where else....i was like great I dont have a drive so where will they leave it on the path?
    anyway hubby took the day off, and the delivery guy carried it thru the house and into the back garden!

so tbh i think most will help...specially as they will see you are pregnant they will help