furniture from dfs

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
has anyone had any?

Hubby gave me the go ahead to start searching for a new corner sofa and the ones we like most are from DFS.

The only problem is that I over research things and have come across so many bad reviews and I'm now petrified that we'll be stuck in a 2.5 year contract paying them off and receive an awful quality sofa.

I know it sounds silly but I'm thinking ahead, I want something comfortable to lounge on when I get pregnant/am breastfeeding/pumping, I'm worried about wasting a lot of money.

So I was hoping to get some unbiased reviews from people who have had sofas from them, how long you've had them for and how well they've aged.

Thanks xxx

My last three sofas have been dfs... We bought two in the last 6 mths, no problems :)

The one before we had for 5 yrs paid about 3k and sold for £500

We have had our dfs sofa for 3 years and no problem! The only thing I would advise is make sure you get the foam interior seat cushions, we have fibre and the seats look really worn out. It's at an extra cost but its really worth it.

I have lots of family and friend with dfs sofas and all love it!

We've had ours for 3ish years and absolutely love it. Heard the horror stories too but they've not rung true for us x

I had one and had no problems with it. My current corner sofa is from Ikea and I love it. Worth a look there as well.

We have some, they have a 10 year guarantee and when the main bracket on our sofa broke they fixed it both issue.
Everyone has always complimented on how comfortable they are. They are starting to show their age at 5 years now and some of the cushions arent as firm as they used to be. Structurally they are completely sound and still rather comfortable.
My main con is when we brought them we paid for them to be Scotch guarded. We weren't advised at all about the guarantee of the Scotch guard that if the sofa marks or stains and we can't remove it dfs will pay to clean that area. Ds1 had horrible reflux which marked the sofas quite badly and we couldn't clean them ourselves and we were only told this when we were getting a quote for professional cleaning. So I would find out about this and where you stand if the scotch guard doesn't work.

We have had both our sofa's from dfs. No issues with their customer service however I can't stress enough how important it is to get foam cushions. They are firmer and last a lot longer!

Mine is from there nd it looks horrid. It is about 4 years old the cushions are all sagging nd its not very comfy :( they do tell u when u buy it to fluff them every day but within 8 months they had sagged.... apparently not their problem as its the filling etc etc. Paid it off now. Next time I will save myself some money and buy cash from a store that doesn't claim to be having a 365 day sale lol. .. although admittedly their sofas look lovely. Fool me once!

I am currently sitting on my dfs sofa, it is fine although we have leather sofas a 3&2 seater. I used to have a corner sofa and hated it (personal preference). We have had this sofa a year and still looks the same as it did when it arrived. I would definitely get another sofa from dfs.

We have had ours for 4 years doesn't looks too bad for a good amount of wear this one is leather. We've just brought a fabric one abit worried now though as we didn't go foam we went fibre as it felt nicer :/ oh well guess I'll have to keep plumping them or get them restuffed at some point.

Ive had our dfs sofas for 5 years and they're still like new dispite the children jumping on them.

Hi, ours is from dfs. Its 5 years and as comfy as ever!! We have the fibre cushions and just fluff them every day before bed and they're fine not saggy at all and its a great way to get rid of aggression if you've had a bad day!! :haha:

I would second what a pp said about the scotch guard - ours is as cream fabric so we figured it would be good to protect it from staining, however it wasn't til I noticed Hubby's black jeans where starting to stain it when I checked the policy and in the small print it will only protect against stains like spilling ketcup ect on it not staining from daily wear! So it dies look a bit grubby now, but only coz I haven't bothered spending the money to have it cleaned! Comfort and support wise still great!

I have had my new corner sofa from DFS for 1 week.......having had our previous sofa from there 2 which we had for just over 6 years ��

We too have gone for foam over Fibre as even plumping the cushions on the old sofa, the 3 seater did look more tired (more frequently sat on than the 2 seater).

This time due to the fabric (like corduroy), it can't be scotch guarded but for 5 years if you spill anything on it, mark it, daily transfer from clothes etc you phone a number and they will come out and clean it/remove the mark or stain, and if they can't they'll reupholster it.
Unlimited call outs for this and the frame is guaranteed for 10years.

Also you can choose how long you take to pay it back, first time we paid over 18months, this time we saved and bought outright.

I recommend the product and the service xx

Thanks everyone :)

We've been eyeing up this one, I've always wanted a corner sofa and love the look of this one

https://www.dfs.co.uk/leather-corner-sofas/left-arm-facing-corner-sofa-bacio-vellutato-100086377p--1

I've spotted one on ebay that's 6 years old and it seems to have aged quite well, plus it's real leather.

Does anyone know how much extra it is to have the foam cushions instead?

Haven't got one yet but I'm debating getting one just need to finish the living room before I can decide on a final colour.. Thinking of a corner group and debating a matching arm chair

OH and I heard so many bad reviews and were so worried about buying our sofa from DFS but our experience was fabulous. We bought ours during the half price sale and paid £800ish. The delivery was fab and the quality was awesome too. We couldn't recommend them highly enough :)

We've had ours for 1 year and it's still in fabulous condition (ours is fabric, the fluffy kind if you know what I mean).

:happydance: thanks everyone, quite pleased now as that's reassured me enough for us to go for it :D

I'd love to get one of the cord sofas, but with our crazy dog and (hopefully in the future) the possibility of children, I think leather may be our best bet :rofl:

Our current sofa and arm chair are from there and theyve been fab, not had any problems and they are still so comfy.

We got 2 3 seat sofas and still have them 3 years later. I love them but want to upgrade soon when paid off. Will use dfs again

We have had ours 3 years and like others have said because we have fibre cushions (they didn't offer foam for ours) they have sagged but I have looked online and it isn't expensive for us to get foam cushions from an independent company.

I would definitely buy from them again but don't plan to for a long time!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->