Fussing at breast, am I just thinking to much

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
I'm so worried lately and not sure if over thinking or looking into things too much. ATM I'm going through a weight struggle with hv . She doesn't think my boy is gaining enough. At 19weeks he weighs 11lb 15. Last week he weighed 11lb12 so that's 3 oz gain (the month before that he gained nothing but didnt loose and the month before that gained 4 oz) so he gains little and has gone from the 25th centile to 0.4th. She's making such a deal that we are now booked in to see a doc tomorrow. Even though he's happy healthy me alert.

But now I'm starting to overtaking things. Like sometimes after a feed he will still moan though its like a minute after he's stopped himself feeding. So il wind him sometimes this helps or sometimes I need to put him back to the boob for like a minute. This normal settles him but sometimes il put him back to the boob and hel cry and pull away sometimes hel take a couple sucks and then scream. I use to think maybe it was his gums but now I'm worried Its because I'm not satisfying him. He will usually clm down after a tiny while and have a nice cuddle so I never thought much into it.
Am I thinking to much ? Or could he still be hungry and I'm not Making enough?
Does anyone else's baby do the same?

I'm starting to think all this stress n worry I should just give up! :-(

My baby is doing the same thing. Except he'll only feed for a few minutes before beginning to continually latch and unlatch until he just starts screaming and won't latch at all. I feel awful because I feel like it's me doing something wrong :(

No advice, just wanted you to know you aren't alone :hug:

Hun, that's normal! And you baby's weight sounds great. A trick I used to relax while nursing with stress is to close my eyes and picture the cutest things about your baby (first smiles, little toes, a soft cuddle) and try to shut everything else out. That normally helps me let down a bit sooner and calms the baby, too. Stress tenses us up, making us feel like there is problems when there is none!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->