Fussy eater

pinkclaire

Mummy to two under 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im after advice for my sister who is 4 years old and just started school. She will not eat anything, she has become so fussy.

Her dad is very controlling and TBH I believe its a rebelling thing, but I need something, and article or something to back up that they need to give her more freedom.

Can anyone help? xx

I know she is 4 years old but the baby led weaning book's theories about eating are ones I will carry through to that age and beyond. Basically, turning a mealtime into a battle / power struggle will never end well. Children do not starve themselves and they are the best judge of what their appetite is, not their parents. If they are presented with healthy foods at mealtimes, then we must leave them to choose what to eat and what not to eat.

Obviously it's hard to give advice specific to your sister because I don't know the details, but maybe starting school has unsettled her a little and she is aiming to gain more attention by being funny with food? I know Ruby's childminder's little girl has just started school and has been a little difficult recently.

Yeah thanks, my mum has asked me to get info so we can suggest things to him. Shes his first and is very overpowering so have to try and find the best ways to convince him we're right lol.

She has caeliacs disease, meaning she cant eat gluten, which already makes meal times hard as she is used to the attention of having 'special food' if that makes sense? I am not sure if school is unsettling her, it started before that, however I'm sure its not helping!

Thanks for your advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"