Future room arrangements with large age gaps

pamhill83

Reaction score
So if we decide to have a Lil one in the next few years, I need to consider room arrangements. My ds and dd will be preteens by then and we have a 3br house. I'm curious how other families dealt with limited space and adding a little one where there's a larger age gap. Did you have baby share a room with a preteen/teen. We'll keep the baby in our room the first year or so..

We are hoping to ttc later this year so we would have 4.5 year age gap. They would have to share a room due to space. I'm currently thinking we would get ds a loft bed and make the space under it his own space. I'm rearly nervous for how the sleeping arrangements will work!

We have a 4 bedroom and currently have one DD together and my partner has 2 children (DS 11/ DD13) who each have a bedroom (they stay weekends and holidays). we are planning another child and will put the new baby in with one of the older children in a bigger bedroom dependant on the sex. There are worse off situations, bigger families have multiple children in one room so I don't think it's a big issue really. As long as they have a roof over their head and a loving family that's all that matters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->