Gah dd wants to come shopping.

DCS

Reaction score
Dd has justasked if she can cone shopping with me tomorrow. I have said yes, because it would be nice to spend a bit of time with her but i was hoping to get it done quickly while listening to sweary music. Im sure ds will say he wants to come too, i just dont think asda and aldi 4 days before christmas is the best place for fun with 3 and 6 year olds. Even if it was just dd, she is 3 and gets bored after the first 5 minutes.
Should i take them or should i come up with a super fun activity for them to do at home with OH? If the latter? What can they do?

Although it would be fun like you say it’s going to be mental ! I would personally find something fun at home to do and maybe bring them a treat back . I did all my shopping today as the thought of going with a 2 and 5 year old on my own tomorrow (DH in work ) didn’t appeal to me !

They get bored and whiny.

I wouldn't be keen on taking the kids either, especially with it being this close to Christmas and how manic it's going to be out there. I can imagine I would be stressed enough, let alone with a child with me too! I would come up with an activity she can do at home as she will probably have more fun doing that than shopping. Good luck! :)

I'd leave them at home if it was me. All the schools have finished and it will be crazy busy. The is why I'm relying on a online shop this year, my DH is working up to late on the 23rd and I cannot bear the thought of taking my two. It's hard enough during a normal shop let alone Christmas.
Good luck if you do take them xx

Ideas for DH to do
Make Christmas cards for you
Wrap your presents
Bake cakes/cookies

Or send him shopping and you do the fun stuff x

I took my nearly 2 year old this morning, although I did persuade her to sit in the trolley for some of the time.

Apart from a meltdown in the middle of the toy aisle, it wasn't too bad!

Maybe give them a shopping list each, so they can help and stay focussed!

I wish i could send OH. But he will come back with half the stuff and get stressed out. I have asked OH if he cant ask them to help wrap my gifts and i will bring them all a treat back. Thanka for the ideas. She gets bored after 5 minutes and keeps telling me thats enough shopping now mummy we dont need anything else. Even though i have 2 things in my trolley and going home would result in them not eating a proper meal. Im sure i have some things stashed away they could do. Thank you all.

Just thought, i need to collect sometjing from tesco tomorrow so could take her along there. Thats only a 15 minute walk and a small tesco.

Just thought, i need to collect sometjing from tesco tomorrow so could take her along there. Thats only a 15 minute walk and a small tesco.

Good compromise ! She might be tired after walking there and back too

Decided to drive round to tesco with them both because i need some boxes. OH managed to keep them both here this morning by telling them he needed help wrapping my gifts. Dd told me what they were as soon as i walked in the door. I already knew what they were because i ordered them. But i made out i didnt belive here and had misheard her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->