Gallbladder scan

Missnurse

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So today I had my scan and the tech said nothing the whole way through abc said id hear off my doctor in 7-10 days, I just wondered for other people who have had gallbladder scans in the UK if their tech told them straight away if there was any stones/sludge? Or were they not at liberty to say? I've kind of got myself upset as I was convinced that's what was wrong and now maybe it isn't so it's going to take even longer and I can't deal with the pain any longer.

Thanks for any input*

Having had several scans, some technicians will tell you what they think and some won't. Hope you don't have to wait too long for answers.

I had a lovely lady who was very chatty and she told me there and then, I guess because I asked! Like PP said some don't wish to discuss what they see. I hope the results come back ASAP x

Thank you for reply. As you say it seems some do and some don't, I think it's just the wait!

With mine the lady did tell me & then proceeded to show me them on the screen, although she did say she wasn't supposed to so I guess it just depends on who you get really. I hope you don't have to wait to long for your results :hugs: xx

Thanks everyone I've calmed down now just have to wait !

They really aren't supposed to tell you anything; that's for the doctor to do, to explain the results. The techs who do tell things could get in trouble if they are caught giving results before the doctor. It's frustrating, because you just want to know what's going on, but your tech was just doing as instructed by the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->