Gallery of preggies

scan 7th may 13 weeks and 28th June my nhs 20 week scan! That doesnt seem all that long away :)

I think I have a stomach bug. Been throwing up all day and finally ate something and hoping it will stay down. :(

Mummy I know that feeling :( sorry sweetie... it gets better!

Congratulations beckie!

Sorry I suck these days ladies...i usually read but I'm so tired posting takes energy lol I know I'm lazy. :)

Hi 10!!

Don't miss me amanda I'm still here! :kiss:

My mouth is so dry i always want to drink but im sick of squash. Anyone got any other ideas wot i can drink?

My mouth is so dry i always want to drink but im sick of squash. Anyone got any other ideas wot i can drink?

Ive been living off of iced tea. Just get a jug with hot water...about 6 tea bags , let them seep then put it in the fridge :) Add lemon or sugar to taste :) Its a bit better then water>:thumbup:

I did my first digi today, and have completely skipped 1-2 it showed a lovely 2-3 hehe :D I bought two, dipped one and it didn't do anything except the refer to instructions sign, would I be able to claim a test back for that or not? It says in the booklet that a fault through not dipping properly but I followed the instructions perfectly!

Amanda has a great idea, the sugar will give you a few calories and somehow tea can be settling. But... I'm going to suggest reducing the tea.

You shouldn't have more than 300mg of caffeine, it can hurt your baby especially so early. Doesn't mean it will though and not getting fluids can be harmful too. Choose the lesser risk depending on how bad you feel.

Just to understand how much caffeine is in tea, I just looked this up so I'm going off the top of my head.

1 tea bag steeped for 2 minutes has 238mg caffeine
1 tea bag steeped for 5 minutes has 402mg caffeine

Ginger snaps are supposed to be good for ms, I can't eat them. Can you suck on other sour candies? What about peppermint candies? Gatorade? Watered down is better. Have you tried saltiness crackers? Plain baked chicken breast is a pretty gentle protein, baked potatoes sometimes go down okay.

I'm the worlds worst with ms, I end up in the hospital because I can't hold anything down and get dehydrated. If it's too bad, go talk to your dr. Zofran does wonders and Phenergan is a good last resort. My midwives recommended Unisom and B-12. I would only do a half of a Unisom. It works the same as Phenergan, if your knocked out asleep you aren't throwing up so that must be good. The downside of sleeping through it is you also aren't drinking.

How about suckers? Blow pops are tart.

I really hope that you find something that works. Ms is miserable, I'd prefer labor to being sick.

Hugs.

I have decaf tea :D And I didnt start drinking the tea until well into the second tri since I had some pretty bad MS. I did tell my doc about the tea and he didnt seem concerned. In fact he sounded pretty happy about it since it was keeping fluids in me :) Also I feel like Im getting a bit of summer drinking iced tea. :D

I have to admit I still have 1 to 2 cokes a day. I used to drink twice that much. I don't have one every day, but they help with my headaches. I think as long as you can drink enough water and don't over due the caffeine you'll be fine.
Decaf tea is fine. But just remember that Tea/coffee will dehydrate you too. Something to do with the tea leaves??? That is what they taught us in school at least. But once again, something is better than nothing! I can't drink water. It taste metallic to me...YUCK. I've been drinking Gatorade. You can also try Ginger ale made with real Ginger that is suppose to help with the MS. Not much helped mine except the meds the doctor gave me. Good LUck

Gatorade dehydrates you... I don't know that its a good choice... :/

Life dehydrates us!! ROFL

Im thinking as long as we are getting fluids we are better then none at all. I guess if you cant go with water its choosing the best of evils :D

hey preggies....i've been reading and feeling bad because i haven't taken to time to respond to anyone's posts. i've been sick and depressed and stressed.

i am quitting both work and school - i gave my notice yesterday. it might be a bad move financially, but my inlaws are leaving for a month and there is no one to watch my son (dh leaves for work at 10:30pm and I don't get home until almost 1:00am). We don't really have a lot of options around this area for childcare, and i would so much rather be at home with my son, anyway. i just really strongly feel like my place right now should be taking care of my family - trying to juggle everything the way we have has taken a toll on everything - from the house to my marriage to my emotions. i feel relieved and scared, and would love to be able to find something else working day shift, but it's not likely, lol.

I had another bleeding episode - this time was worse, but again, ultrasound showed baby is perfect. (On Sunday it was 8w5d with heart rate around 180.) So I made it to nine weeks! I can't believe it! I think my fibroids are getting larger, and I'm scared that I'm going to be one of those rare women who they cause complications for.

That's pretty much all that's going on....I'm a mess right now!

Gatorade dehydrates you... I don't know that its a good choice... :/

I'm confused how does Gatorade dehydrate you? I'll have to look that up. thanks for the tip though never in my life have I heard that. Well I guess between Coke or Gatorade i think Gatorade is better LOL! I try and choke down water but it usually just comes right back up. I do pretty good with water at night and during the night but during the day when I'm awake and think about the taste it just isn't a good thing! Hopefully that will get better. Maybe I should try Vita water????

hey preggies....i've been reading and feeling bad because i haven't taken to time to respond to anyone's posts. i've been sick and depressed and stressed.

i am quitting both work and school - i gave my notice yesterday. it might be a bad move financially, but my inlaws are leaving for a month and there is no one to watch my son (dh leaves for work at 10:30pm and I don't get home until almost 1:00am). We don't really have a lot of options around this area for childcare, and i would so much rather be at home with my son, anyway. i just really strongly feel like my place right now should be taking care of my family - trying to juggle everything the way we have has taken a toll on everything - from the house to my marriage to my emotions. i feel relieved and scared, and would love to be able to find something else working day shift, but it's not likely, lol.

I had another bleeding episode - this time was worse, but again, ultrasound showed baby is perfect. (On Sunday it was 8w5d with heart rate around 180.) So I made it to nine weeks! I can't believe it! I think my fibroids are getting larger, and I'm scared that I'm going to be one of those rare women who they cause complications for.

I'm glad your baby and you are alright. I'm glad the bleeding didn't turn into anything. I'm sorry your having to quit school and your job but for the time being it sounds like your making the right choice. I know it's stressful. I'm in the same boat, but I am trying to get a job with no luck. I guess it's God's way of saying my place is at home with my daughter and to trust that he will provide. So that is what I have been doing....Trusting in God he will provide. Hang in there. I know it's not easy and being a SAHM isn't easy either especially if you don't get any breaks during the day(like if they don't go to school) but it's worth it. the kiddos are so worth it!

I'm glad your baby and you are alright. I'm glad the bleeding didn't turn into anything. I'm sorry your having to quit school and your job but for the time being it sounds like your making the right choice. I know it's stressful. I'm in the same boat, but I am trying to get a job with no luck. I guess it's God's way of saying my place is at home with my daughter and to trust that he will provide. So that is what I have been doing....Trusting in God he will provide. Hang in there. I know it's not easy and being a SAHM isn't easy either especially if you don't get any breaks during the day(like if they don't go to school) but it's worth it. the kiddos are so worth it!

I agree with this. Im glad you and baby are doing good :D I quit my job to have this baby. It took a year to make her and now 10 months to have her. So money wise it is pretty tight around here. But If it came down to going back to work, or staying home with my kiddos....I pick staying at home. We dont get to eat out as much as I would like. Or go shopping for cloths at the mall. But everything we do NEED is taken care of. Its just a matter of making the right choices as far as what to spend money on. I was scared to death to leave my job. It was a good paying job and I had been there for going on 5 years. was almost at my three week a year vacation and everything. But I wanted another baby more then anything, and I know that the only way we could afford it was for me to stay home or take 2nd shift. I didnt want to give up my husband( not seeing him because of second shift) to have a baby. So I choose to stay home. after awhile you get used to it :D

Also Alida as far as the water thing goes. Hav you tried a britta or some other form of filtering your water? I have a britta and also turned up the fridge...or down (however you want to look at it lol) to make the water colder. I noticed that I enjoyed it ALOT more if the water was ice cold. It also had to be filtered ad I couldnt stand it out of the tap :D As far as vita water. I was drinking that stuff until I read the label and saw how much sugar was in it...It really is nuts! I stopped drinking it just because I wasnt trying to gain 60 pounds LOL Far as Iknow it isnt bad for baby...just loaded with sugar

Ever looked up the sodium content of Gatorade? The reason IVF girls drink it is so the sodium absorbs the extra fluid from the follicular cysts to avoid OHSS. I only know this about Gatorade because they suggest us drinking it for its dehydrating properties in IVF. We also have to drink loads of water with it to make it do what its meant to. Very confusing stuff. I'll try to explain:

It works during activity for hydration because the sodium replaces the sodium your body loses while you sweat. So, it evens out... You're losing so much sodium when you sweat that its GOOD to drink it. But, if you're not sweating, you're just pouring tons of sodium into your body and dehydrating yourself further. Coke isn't great either.. no.

If you could do some sort of flavored water, that would be best. Or even a non-caffeinated soda or tea.

Edit: I'm not trying to be preachy... I just think commercials for it are misleading.

BTW megg are you sure your in Gallifrey, last I heard that was blown up a LONG time ago LOL Plus they didnt seem like very nice people. You seem alot nicer then the stories I've heard about "those" people lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->