Gas, my behind! I KNOW it's my baby I'm feeling lol

msbene

Reaction score
All the message boards say it: any "movement" you feel before 16 weeks is probably gas... Phooey! I'm 13 weeks today with my second and I just KNOW it's my baby causing these ticklish flutters!

I hear the heartbeat most clearly when the probe is just above my pelvic crease, which is the SAME place I'm feeling these flutters. They're not kicks at all - they feel like my munchkin is spinning and flailing around lol then bumping into my uterus. Very gentle but distinct.

When I have trapped gas it feels very different from this. Well some will still tell me its gas lol.

lollll. I, personally, was only kidding about the gas. ;) Congratulations on being able to bond with your baby in this way! This is one of the most important stages for me and will do wonders with your relationship well into the toddler years. :)

I felt my first flutters around 13 weeks with my DS so no, it is not gas. By 15 weeks I was feeling very distinctive movement with him. I had anterior placentas with my girls so I didn't feel my first movements with them until I was 18 weeks.

With my second I felt movement around 12-13 weeks. I felt flutters twice at 10 weeks with this one, but nothing since. My first I didn't feel until 17 weeks.

lollll. I, personally, was only kidding about the gas. ;) Congratulations on being able to bond with your baby in this way! This is one of the most important stages for me and will do wonders with your relationship well into the toddler years. :)

Xd I wasnt even thinking bout you gurl lol... Its actually all them on BabyCenter boards that are always so QUICK to discount your early movement feelings as gas lol.

In my first pregnancy I pushed my finger into my womb where I could feel the weird sensation. He kicked my finger. I felt it inside and out. Some women can feel it. X

Nonsense! You can definitely feel movement before 16 weeks!! I feel dubious when women say they can feel baby around 9 weeks or so, but 13 weeks is definitely not too early. On scans you see them somersaulting around in there and they're several centimetres long. It's definitely possible! I felt my first at 19 weeks, but my second at 12 weeks. I thought I was going nuts, but it was definitely her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->