Gas pains... like crazy, insane ones. Others?

Lues

Reaction score
I'm only 4 weeks 3 days.

Last night when I went to bed, I had stomach pains that were sort of intense. At first i thought it was possible food poisoning (and of course got all worried). Then I realized that when I pushed on my stomach, it rumbled and felt like I need to fart, but couldn't. Then I realized fairly quickly it was gas pains, coupled with my mild constipation for the past day or two.

Man... that was crazy. It kept me awake for a few hours. But when I woke up, was totally gone.

Anyone else ever have this? I imagine it's perfectly normal. I have a sensitive stomach in the first place, and really could have had nothing to do with the pregnancy. Although I can't think of the last time I had gas pains that badly.

Yep - had this for about a week at around 6 weeks when i first started to get other symptoms. At one point was crawling in too much pain to stand and had never had gas like it before. Wasnt too bad for too long. But make sure you get to the doctor if at all unsure. I should've gone really just to put my mind at rest. Good luck hope it passes soon Xxx

Thanks for the reply! I'm grateful my was gone in the morning and hasn't returned since.

I had almost the exact same thing at the same timeframe. Around four weeks. I woke up in so much pain I was doubled over and freaked the hell out.. I thought I was losing the baby. I've had trapped gas issues before but because I was pregnant I didn't even consider it and just assumed it was pregnancy related. I had a panic attack, started sweating buckets and then it went away after about 15 minutes. After thinking about it later I realized it was probably gas issues. You handled it way better than I did.. haha.

Ha! THanks Jinxli

I was just saying to my husband that it's hilarious that all of sudden EVERYTHING I feely simply MUST be pregnancy related. If I have a headache, I can't possibly just have a headache, it MUST be a pregnancy headache. Or if i have to pee it must be my uterus growing against my bladder (couldn't possibly be the HUGE glass of water I just drank)

Lol.

Oh how wonderful you are my pregnancy brain....
(no complaints here though!)

Glad it's better now! Nothing worse than that worry there might be something not right Xxx

I have PCOS as well which creates some painful issues.. so I never know what's from pregnancy and what is normal PCOS stuff!! I've pretty much gotten to the point where I'll just ride it out and see what happens. If there is no blood, I assume I'm fine.

Yes!! This happened to me during my 1st pregnancy. I was about 5 weeks along, and I woke up doubled over in pain. It hurt so bad I decided to go to the ER. Got there, got admitted, passed gas a few times, and felt loads better. I stayed since I was already admitted, and the doctor who saw me said I should prepare for a miscarriage because pain like that is not normal. they did an ultrasound to rule out ectopic, and it was too early to see anything. Got home, passed more gas and felt like normal. It was crazy. We now call that my $1,000 fart. Lol! DS is a happy, healthy 2 year old.

haha bellagirl85 $1000 far that is so funny!! :haha:

i am suffering with gas so much! it seems to have got steadily worse since i found out and this week its just awful worst pains are in my stomach and wierdly i can feel it in my shoulders too! if anyone has any tips to reduce it i would really appreciate it im in agony some nights!!! i just need to get it all out!! :blush: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->