Gastro

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
So DS3 has gastro last weekend and a temp of 39.7°C which had him rushed to hospital for emergency re-hydration after all our efforts had failed. I was vaccinated for it last year while pregnant so I only dealt with several hours of vomiting and watery bowel movements but had horrible cramping for hours afterwards which went through my entire bump and back. While the cramps have died off, my lower back is still very tender. I also know that gastro CAN in some woman, trigger labour so I am very, very watchful. While I don't mind him making his appearance a few weeks before he's due and would actually welcome it given my discomfort at the moment, I don't really want to go into labour before 36 weeks.

Anyhow, fast forward to last night when I went to the loo. I had thick, snot-like, yellow tinged (though clear and not smelly) discharge when I wiped (sorry for TMI). I don't recall ever experiencing that until the week before I went into labour with DS3. I had my midwife appointment and forgot to ask about it. :dohh: But baby is in a ceph position (good news) so that's something. This discharge though, is it worth worrying about or not? I don't want to panic my midwife if I don't need to and I'm also keeping a very close eye on any early contractions as a result of the gastro.

I think I would mention it to my midwife and just say you forgot to mention it, but is it anything to be concerned about? I would leave that decision to her :) You won't be panicking her unless it's something that ought to be panicked about!

Do you think it's possible that it was part of your plug? My understanding is that you can lose/regenerate this and if it's clear it's more likely to regenerate than to be a sign that labour is around the corner. I'd probably call the midwife just to put my mind at ease.

So DS3 has gastro last weekend and a temp of 39.7°C which had him rushed to hospital for emergency re-hydration after all our efforts had failed. I was vaccinated for it last year while pregnant so I only dealt with several hours of vomiting and watery bowel movements but had horrible cramping for hours afterwards which went through my entire bump and back. While the cramps have died off, my lower back is still very tender. I also know that gastro CAN in some woman, trigger labour so I am very, very watchful. While I don't mind him making his appearance a few weeks before he's due and would actually welcome it given my discomfort at the moment, I don't really want to go into labour before 36 weeks.

Anyhow, fast forward to last night when I went to the loo. I had thick, snot-like, yellow tinged (though clear and not smelly) discharge when I wiped (sorry for TMI). I don't recall ever experiencing that until the week before I went into labour with DS3. I had my midwife appointment and forgot to ask about it. :dohh: But baby is in a ceph position (good news) so that's something. This discharge though, is it worth worrying about or not? I don't want to panic my midwife if I don't need to and I'm also keeping a very close eye on any early contractions as a result of the gastro.

Maybe some plug , or maybe just some weird and wonderful pregnancy discharge :shrug: . To ease your mind call the midwife and explain . You'll most likely be referred to MAU where a Dr will examine your cervix to check for any signs of thinning out or dilation. Best to be safe than sorry :hugs::hugs:.

Do you think it's possible that it was part of your plug? My understanding is that you can lose/regenerate this and if it's clear it's more likely to regenerate than to be a sign that labour is around the corner. I'd probably call the midwife just to put my mind at ease.

That was actually my first thought which is why I haven't really rung her yet. I had a shower because my back and belly is really tender at the moment but it hasn't started anything I don't think. Either way, with 3 kids at home, I've told hubby if I'm concerned I'd drive myself to hospital if I'm comfortable enough to do so because if they are going to stop labour then there is really no point him being there. But, if it is and they can't stop it then he's got no way to get there because I have the car. :dohh: I really don't like MIL so I don't want her anywhere near me when I am in labour.

Thank you ladies. :) I'm feeling fine at the moment and baby is still really active so I'll give her a ring in the morning to find out what it was. And I'll update to put all of you at ease as well. :hug:

Sounds like plug/part of plug. It can regenerate but it's better to get checked out asap just in case x

Sounds like plug/part of plug. It can regenerate but it's better to get checked out asap just in case x

That's what I'm thinking. But with the discomfort in my pelvic ring when I use the bathroom combined with the tightenings through my belly and back I don't know if it's the after effects of gastro or early labour - which the midwife said to watch for. Doesn't feel like BH but I need to know for sure because I can't afford to give up work just yet! Still waiting for midwife to ring but it should be in the next hour.

**EDIT**
Just had the midwife ring me and check in on things. Given I can still lift my leg up to my belly :shug: it's most likely NOT labour however, keep an eye on the discomfort. Given I had gastro last week it's the hormones causing the issues and it will take longer for the situation to resolve itself. Means I'm not giving up work just yet!! :)

Just read your op, my first thought was your plug too. Saw your update, glad everything's okay!
Gastro is horrible, I remember having it when I was 9 weeks pregnant and couldn't even keep liquids down for the first 6 hours. Glad your feeling better x

Just read your op, my first thought was your plug too. Saw your update, glad everything's okay!
Gastro is horrible, I remember having it when I was 9 weeks pregnant and couldn't even keep liquids down for the first 6 hours. Glad your feeling better x

It's not one of the nicest bugs I must admit. I'd rather have the flu over gastro. I was lucky because I was immunized last pregnancy I didn't have to endure anymore than a few hours of symptoms.

OMG, having it at 9 weeks must have been scary!! So glad your okay too! <3

It's not one of the nicest bugs I must admit. I'd rather have the flu over gastro. I was lucky because I was immunized last pregnancy I didn't have to endure anymore than a few hours of symptoms.

OMG, having it at 9 weeks must have been scary!! So glad your okay too! <3

Definitely me too, have never felt so ill in my life and have had the flu twice. It was, was ill for about 4 days but baby was fine. Panicked and phoned the midwife though, she didn't want me to come in though in case in case I passed it on (which I understand but didn't help at the time) said to call back and come in the next morning if still wasn't keeping fluids down but luckily was by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->