* Gatecrasher * What worked for you?

L

Lost7

Sorry to gatecrash ladies! :oops:
I'm still TTC.

Just wondering what worked for you ladies to be where you are now?

This cycle I am trying:

* Vitamin B6 (to lengthen my 10-11 day LP)
* Conceive plus (I've used balance activ - MC'd twice, and Pre-seed)
* Temping again
* Maca Root
* Natural Progesterone cream (to lengthen LP and boost mine as it's low)
* OPK's

Just wondering what worked for you to get pregnant? Creams, vitamins etc? I'm now starting my 10th month, feeling a bit sad about that. :cry:
I aim this question at everyone who had to try to conceive.

the cycle that I got pregnant I was using OPKs and preseed. I also was taking a zinc supplement and the seven seas trying for a baby prenatal. Hope you get your bfp soon :)

I started right after coming off BC (which I think helped because of the fertility boost). I charted temps and cervical mucus (CM was by far the most helpful of those two). I used Conceive Plus. And honestly, I just drank a lot and went out a lot that month (conceived over a bank holiday weekend) and was really relaxed about it all. I think that was by far the most beneficial thing I did.

the cycle that I got pregnant I was using OPKs and preseed. I also was taking a zinc supplement and the seven seas trying for a baby prenatal. Hope you get your bfp soon :)

Thanks Gillian, I'm glad preseed worked for you! :hugs:
FX I don't have much longer to wait, thank you.

I started right after coming off BC (which I think helped because of the fertility boost). I charted temps and cervical mucus (CM was by far the most helpful of those two). I used Conceive Plus. And honestly, I just drank a lot and went out a lot that month (conceived over a bank holiday weekend) and was really relaxed about it all. I think that was by far the most beneficial thing I did.

Thanks Mindutopia, I struggle with CM because I've never seen any and believe this to be another sign of low progesterone. How many cycles had you used conceive plus for? This is my first cycle with it and I'm hoping it works wonders :) Must admit, I had ONE drink over the Christmas period and fell pregnant but then miscarried. :hugs: Thanks for the input.

Hi Lost 7,

I am currently ttc my third and not preggo yet. However, with my other 2 I swear by evening primrose oil. It gave me amazing CM (tmi!). I bought it from Holland & Barrett and uses it alongside the B12 complex as I also have a 11 day LP.

Good luck. I know exactly how u r feeling but u will get there soon I promise x x

I have PCOS and conceived with metformin :) with my daughter it was after 1 month of being on it and this pregnancy about a month and a half :) we went on it sooner this time round because it took so long to conceive our daughter. Prior to TTC I didn't even know I had PCOS, Ive never been overweight but Ive had acne, irregular periods and hair growth, no doctors took my fertility seriously until I had an internal ultrasound to be diagnosed with PCOS.

I would recommend a super vitamin B complex instead of just vit b ... the b vitamins all need each other to work properly !!! It fixed my 7 day lp in just 2 months trying (and it had extra folic acid in it which is great) I also added in coq10 and got the strongest Ovulation of my life this cycle I conceived!!!... it strengthens egg quality so I'd definitely check that out!!! Good luck hun!!!

I tried everything with my first, agnus castus, b6, evening primrose oil and temping and opks. On my 10th cycle I dropped everything and just temped and used opks to confirm ovulation and that was my successful month!

With my second I knew all these things didn't help me so straight off the pill I only temped and used opks and caught on my third cycle.

I also have poly cystic ovaries so I was hugely worried it'd take longer.

My best advice which is probably obvious and not overly helpful is make sure you have sex regularly.. I thought after 6 months of tracking my cycles that I knew exactly when I was ovulating but once I fell pregnant I realised how much it must change from month to month, I ovulated about a week earlier than I thought... It was just by chance that we'd been dtd every other day for the entire month... Hope this helps :)

Baby dust sent your way!!! Honestly I tried everything! I gave up one month, went out w friends had way to much to drink ( couple weekends even=/) and really did what I wanted and I conceived this baby!! I felt like I was in this "baby trying hole" for so long I felt trapped! But when we were trying we did it every other day (when I knew I was ovulating) even if I didn't want to I still had husband do his thing (I started calling them deposits..lol). After, I even put pillows under my butt to keep hips elevated for 20 mins.

Clear blue digital opk- worked first go using these- far more accurate than the cheap test strips (in my opinion) and temping

I took pre natal vitamins which had a whole mixture of things in! I used opks once a day, and attempted the smep...bd every other day.

The cycle I got pregnant I had 3 seperate positive opks and thought it would go on forever! Then bam BFP :happydance:

Good luck! Xxx

Hey,
I've been trying for 11 months. Honestly I started temping this last month when I fell pregnant however I was so bad at it I don't feel like it helped me at all lol. My temps were anything but regular I even posted on this forum to ask what people thought and several thought it was an anovulatory cycle... Lol go figure I end up pregnant that cycle. So the temping didn't hurt but it didn't help me a whole lot since my chart was so strange. The one thing I did do differently is bd every other day for a week and half during when I thought I may have ovulated based on cm and then elevated my pelvis(old wives tale I know lol) for 5 mins after bd. It prob didn't increase my chances but it didn't hurt to do it either and now I have my bfp! :D

I had my partner take multivitamins everyday, and I would take folic acid and a vitamin b complex every morning with breakfast. I used the clear blue fertility monitor, and cheapie opks from eBay. We also used pre seed for the first time as I was told normal 'lube' wasn't sperm friendly!
After I would raise my hips with pillows for about 15 mins or so, then have an orgasm as this is meant to dip your cervix into the pool of sperm and help them along! I then lay there for about another half hour (okay, I'm not sure how long as I actually fell asleep lol!)
I Googled so much that I found something that tells you what can be helpful and what to avoid eating before, during and after ovulation! https://www.parenting.com/article/what-eat-conceive

Good luck hun xx

First time round I changed my diet, stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine, took vitamins and nothing for 4 months. Then the fifth month we were going away for a wedding so I decided to take a TTC break and just relax and enjoy myself. I got pregnant on that holiday.

This time round I knew not to get caught up in trying too hard and stressing. I didn't change a thing other than taking folic acid and got pregnant first month we tried. Incidentally, I was on holiday again this time round! Good luck, sending baby dust your way x

Sambo: Amazing CM, hehe. I've tried taking the capsules but I find them too big! I want to try the liquid but I'm not sure what it'll taste like! :oops: FX for your TTC Journey hun! :dust:

Mrs Bee: I'm sorry to hear about the PCOS, I've never heard of Metformin, what does that do? Is that prescription only?
How did you find out you have PCOS, I'm glad you found out! I'm having the same issue with doctors, just not taking it seriously, fed up with hearing about it being ''natures way'' when I'm miscarrying, especially for the 8th time! :evil:

pinkpassion: Thanks hun. I will look at the complex, was advised to just try the B6 itself! Coq10 sounds helpful, how long did it add to your LP? Definitely going to check that out - thanks hun!

katherinegrey: I've just had two cycles with doing nothing, apart from OPKs :lol: Congrats hun! Well done!

aprilwonders: Oh we're definitely having that :lol: When we first started it was mulitple times a day and now it's every day during the fertile phase! Thanks hun!

winterbabies: Thank you! Funnily enough over Christmas I had a drink and fell pregnant too! Congrats hun! I think that's where I am at the moment, trapped. Wanting it so badly and it's just not happening!

CWB86: Congrats! I've been using the CB digitals for a few months now.

kariss: I've heard some great things about the SMEP, yet to try it myself! Thanks hun!

NikNik: My partner doesn't like taking anything so I would struggle with the multi vit's. I've also tried laying there for 15 minutes after and also made myself orgasm to try and dip my cervix into the sperm! Maybe I'll have to start being greedy and orgasm each time :lol: Thanks hun!
Will visit that link soon about what not to eat etc, thank you!

Thisismyyear: Holidays are key huh! What a coincidence! Congrats hun. Maybe I ought to try this approach!

AtomicPink: How many cycles did it take? I used it for two cycles and nothing.

Hotbell: Thanks hun!

MASSIVE thank you to everyone who has commented on my post! :D Congrats to you all, I hope to join you all soon! <3

With my first I had no problem at all, first try and bam, bfp. With my second I had a much harder time and was starting to get worried. We used no protection from the time ds was born (I did bf for 4 months though). Once my af returned at 4 months we started actively ttc and month after month bfn. Finally on my 5th cycle I tried soy isoflavones and that did the trick! Got my bfp first cycle using them! I took 150-180mg cd 2-6. They are apparently "nature's clomid". You take double what you would take clomid for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. No later than days 5-9, no more than 5 days per month and never more than 200mg per day.

I think they are a miracle drug! Doing some research on them baby centre did a survey finding that 74% of women got their bfp first cycle and 85% had it by the second soy cycle. Here's the link: https://community.babycenter.com/po...lavones_6_bfps_so_far_keep_them_coming_ladies

Can't recommend it enough, good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->