Gavascon - problems?

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi all my LO has just started on Gavascon for silent reflux symptoms. All has been fine for a few days but today she has been really struggling to pass any stools and when she does they are much thicker (sorry in advance) more like older kids/adults poo. She has also been taking less milk than she did before (which isn't great as she is already small and its defeating the purpose of putting her on it in the first place). My gut reaction is telling me it might just take her a bit longer for her system to get used to it and she's probably less keen on taking a good feed if she's a bit bunged up but wondered if anyone has experienced something similar or have some advice. Thanks as always!

We had the exact same issue, nothing helped. We gave up Gaviscon andchnged to SMA Staydown and life has been so much better! nappies are better, so is the reflux!

ps we get it on prescription too!

gaviscon didnt work for jenson either! he got constipated and didnt take enough milk

Hes on enfamil now which thickens actually in the stomach and hes had no problems xx

My experience is the same as Sb22. Gaviscon completely constipated my lo and we also tried Domperidone for reflux but that gave him colic. Now have SMA Staydown on prescription and he is much better. :happydance:

The same here....

Maya had Gavascon for 3 days - also due to Silent reflux.
But she got constipated so severe that she stopped eating properly.
I stopped it myself and went back to Thick and easy (which we had good experience with before) - after 1½ day Maya passed stool. BIG lumps came out.
Since there she has been fine and her -reflux is under control again.

Take care

Olivia is on gaviscon for silent reflux, helped a bit but shes still choking pretty regularly, see her paediatrician soon so wil ask about alternatives x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->