gave up breast now using bottles

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
right i wanted to breastfeed but ive given up and Zane is only 5 days old i gave up after 3 days because he just wasnt getting enough n was causing us both alot of stress and i hated seeing him like that and i was in so much pain that we then decided to go to bottles!

Now he wants feeding every hour and has around 3oz or more.. then last night he wanted feeding every 30 mins i tried everything to calm him before giving in.

any suggestions on how to handle his hunger?

It wont last for long hun.... soon he will get himself into a little routing with formula!!

good luck :)

Its normal he wants to eat so much , I gave up BF at 3 days old too but once I got home and my milk came in I tryed again and it worked till 4 months but he got topped off with formula at the same time ..

He always ate every 1-2 hrs until he reached 6 weeks then he settled into a routine give it time hun !

my milk has come in and my boobs are like rocks but still painful to feed so ive given up for good just gota wait for milk to go. Feel awful for not breastfeeding but atleast i tried n he got something from me.
its a right pain in the ass not knowing a round about time he needs a feed cuz standing with a crying baby trying to make a bottle isnt fun lol

in the day he can go ages without a feed but its just startin at around 12am he needs feeding every 30 mins its very confusing!!! im seeing mw tomorrow so hopefully she will have advice for me

o had the same problem in the first 3-4 days after my baby was born. I wasn't producing enough milk yet and he was fed every 30 min or an hour and i was soooo tired, so I gave him a bit from the bottle in the first week. After that I had enough milk for him, so now i dont need bottle.

Hun if dont feel bad for giving up ..at least he got some !!! what about expressing your milk for 2 weeks or so as those are the most important times ..now dont get me wrong if you stop for good im not trying to make you feel bad at all I respect that as I went through hell BF too lol

Im surprised I lasted till 4 months :) Btw mabey he dose not like the bottle hes fed from ? what kind of bottle are you using

Chick if you really want to breastfeed but it's too painful right now you could still express, which will relieve the pressure:hugs:

Oh babe, I wish I could be there with you and support you properly. Obviously don't beat yourself up if you have made the decision to stick with bottles but if you really still want to breastfeed and may regret it later then you could try expressing (takes a bit of practice). And breastfeed throught the night to save getting up, going downstairs to warm up bottle etc every few hours.

Ask your health visitor or midwife if there's a lactation consultant who can help you.

I'm really not trying to change your decision but just wanted to let you know that with support breastfeeding can be easier but I know that without proper support it can be a nightmare:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Please pm me if you think I can help you anymore as I have Breastmates peer support councillor training....or just tell me to buzz off and mind my own business....I don't mind :rofl::hug::hug::hug:

well done for trying, just remember baby only has a very small stomach at the moment so will feed little and often, Ewan fed almost every hour from the breast when he was new born and then it gradually settled down.
You could try expressing excess milk to relieve the pressure.

Bless you hun... I could have written exactly what you just wrote. I expressed as suggested above, so that Mia was still getting some of the 'good stuff' until my nipples had healed. Then you can always try again when they've healed.

I've given up breastfeeding today (again) :rofl: But I know that when i get full again, I'll be sticking her back on my boob.. the urge is just too much :lol:

One of the reasons bubs may be feeding so often, could be the instinct to build up your milk supply. When he realises that there is no shortage on the bottles, he'll calm down. :hug: and Good Luck whatever you decide :hug:

I have thought about expressing but my midwife today said not to. Ive been told to gove him 4oz at night to see if that settles him more but ive stopped feeling as guilty because i no he is happier with his bottles.

my oh also thinks its going to be better to use bottles altho he doesnt want my boobs to go smaller haha they grew 2 cup sizes over night!

Whatever's best for you babe. As long as you and baby are happy xxxxxxxxx

oh yes he now seems perfectly happy with his bottles :) i think i made the right choice for him

Its normal he wants to eat so much , I gave up BF at 3 days old too but once I got home and my milk came in I tryed again and it worked till 4 months but he got topped off with formula at the same time ..

He always ate every 1-2 hrs until he reached 6 weeks then he settled into a routine give it time hun !

i really agree with you. My milk didn;t come until 4-5 days later and my baby wants to eat so much, like every 30 min or an hour. I came home from hospital and keep trying but baby didn';t get enough and we both were stressed, so i top up with formula 3-4 times within 24 hours, once i had enough milk i stop the formula milk and now he's not eating that much for each feed. His eating habit changed about a couple of weeks ago and now he's 7 weeks old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->