Gave up smoking 6 days ago and struggling

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
Hi,

I gave up smoking 6 days ago and I am still stuggling. Can someone please tell me when the cravings go away because I'm still having strong cravings.

HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

Congratulations!

I never smoked, so I can't speak to the cravings, but I understand it to be one of the most difficult addictions to overcome, so HUGE kudos to you for being 6 days FREE!!

I think my cravings disappeared after about 2-2.5 weeks

My boyf still smokes around me and it doesn;t bother me in the slightest now

I have quit for 4 months

they dont you will always fancy a smoke, but the cravings will be mild took me about 4wks before they became milder, then i startedsmoking again, now iv quit with a electronic cigarette and iv not smoked since 30th october, just a vapourer instead :) gl

they dont you will always fancy a smoke

this.

You will always have a lingering nag in the back of your head, usually in situations that you particularly associate with smoking (for me, with a glass of wine in the pub), but you will get to a point, probably within a few months but everyone is different, where you don't really think about it for more than a few seconds when the craving does hit and it quickly recedes.

I gave up smoking cold turkey 6 months ago and I don't think about it really at all now.

Keep going, your body and your bank balance will love you for it!

Maybe try putting the money that you would normally spend on cigarettes or tobacco in a jar for a month, and then reward yourself for being so strong :)

Sorry I have no advice to give but well done on taking the first step!! :D

You're doing really well, the first couple of weeks are the worst. I gave up 2.5 years ago now and apart from one drunken slip 1.5 years ago, I've not smoked. The cravings ease until it's normal not to smoke. It's well worth it! Especially when I saw how much cigarettes now cost!!!

Took about 2 and a half weeks for me to stop craving bad, although I do still want one every now and then. I found the nicorette minis (cherry flavoured, 1.5mg) really really helped and after 2.5 weeks I started being able to cut those right down without even noticing. After about 4 weeks I was hardly taking any replacement therapies, as opposed to when I was on patches and found them less effective.

Hi, well done on deciding to quit! I found this website great in helping me quit 5 years ago and my mum quit using this as well although you need the right mindset in order for it to work, it may help though:thumbup:
https://www.quitsmokingonline.com/

I've been off them for a year now and I'd say it was the first couple of weeks were the hardest, are you using any NRT ?

My cravings have completely stopped since I've been pg - the smell actually repulses me now :sick:, not that I'm saying you fall pg to get over them:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->