gaviscon..few questions

nicole_

Aidy's Mummy
Reaction score
LO has had gaviscon in his feeds, its settled him a bit but he was never THAT bad to begin with
question is, if its going to give him constipation, how long would it take to give him it? how would i know hes constipated too?
and also since putting it in his feeds he know takes about an hour to finish a bottle, is that just conincednce or could it be to do with the gaviscon?

my LO was on this he got very bloated and constipated after 2 days,i found signs were a very bloated tummy,their face when they normally go for number 2 becomes more scrunched up and red,legs will go also.If your keeping him on it,my advice give him water inbetween feeds or even pop lil bit prune juice in with some water helps get the bowels moving.

What size teat are you using? Try going upto the next size.
How much are you using? Only use 1 even if LO is over 10lbs
What milk are you using? It cant be used with sma staydown, any other milk is fine.

i dont actually know when my LO is pooing :shrug: is that bad lol hes always squriming about and going red and kicking his legs, just thought its what he does when he gets pissy :/
on the size 1 teats, maybe i should trying go up, stupid but i thought if the powders making the milk thicker maybe its blocking the hole a bit lol
only one sachet a bottle and using sma cartons :)

If he does get constipated the poo will be like pellets, you will know! Lol. X

We've been back to the doc today as I thought the gaviscon was making DD's poop hard. The doc went through the ingredients with me and it actually should have the opposite effect - it has ingredients that are also in laxitives. :wacko:

He said it may be a coincidence and as the gaviscon helped with the sickness, to try again. I am going to give it a go but if her poop hardens again, I am going back and insisting on something else. Trust me, if LO is constipated, you'll know :flower:

Agreed, use a bigger teat, the Gaviscon is a thickner.

gaviscon is a feed thickener so you'll need a bigger teat :flower:

Ava got terribly constipated with gaviscon tbh. We used carobel before we got ranitidine for her silent reflux and carobel is natural and didnt constipate her it was really good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->