gDiapers on a newborn?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if gDiapers are available in the UK, so some people might have no idea what I'm on about :lol:....... but I'm considering getting some for Bean. I've got a handful of cloth diapers to try out alongside disposables to see how we get on, but I really would prefer to put Bean straight into cloth if I can - just seems a bit daunting to start with!

Anyway, I read that the gDipes can be used with cloth or the disposable inserts and I was thinking of perhaps doing both - using prefolds or something as a liner but having the disposable inserts so we don't end up with quite so much to wash/deal with in those first couple of months at least!

Has anyone tried these and what did they think? Does that sound like a good plan??

I've wanted to try G diapers for awhile as I like 'hybrid' nappies. I can highly recommend Grobabys (now known as GroVias) and Flips by BumGenius. We used disposable Flip inserts in newborn wraps for the first couple of days as the birth centre didn't want 'real nappies stinking the place out' (...I know!) and then we used up the rest of the pack when home. Don't know if this helps but best of luck! :flower:

Thanks for the recommendations :) I've been looking at the Flips because they seem to be BTP, whereas the gDiapers obviously aren't.... Just talking to DH about the options! :)

xx

The Flips are fab, you have the option of the Staydry and Organic inserts, too, and the organic is fab for night :D
You're probably best to get one of each, you could even buy them preloved, to see what works for you as some systems just better suit different shapes of baby :flower:

Thank you :) I found some 2nd hand ones, but we just bought our travel system and got deposit/rent to pay on our new apartment this week, so I think I'm gonna have to wait. :(

My mum has offered to buy me one WAHM cloth diaper, which is an AI2...it just seems silly to get one diaper with one insert, we really need to be able to buy a few... :shrug:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->