gDiapers??

blessed

Mama to baby girl :)
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the gDiapers?

From my understanding they consist of an actual pant (which I think are pretty cute) that velcro to close - a snap-on liner inside (which after poopy diapers, you snap off and replace with a new liner... this allows you to keep using the same pant!) - and the third part is the insert... You can buy flushable/compostable inserts (which I think defeats the whole purpose) or buy cloth inserts (yay!) :thumbup:

So, they SOUND good... but I need to hear some real reviews! I've ran into a bunch of old reviews on the disposable inserts (before the company decided to make cloth inserts) and most of those were not too great. The reviews that were good, were from people who used the system but replaced the insert with a cloth one from BumGenius or something similar. These people loved it! (needless to say, company started making cloth inserts).... but have any of you ladies tried these or heard of these? :flower:

no i havent come across them but they might not have been avalible in the UK

they're not avilable yet in the UK but i read that there is going to be a uk stockist soon - can't remember who though :dohh:

Oh okay... sorry about that! I forget how many UK ladies there are!

I've done more searching and YouTube video searching and I'm actually getting kinda excited about these! I like how I can fit whatever insert I want (cloth of course.. I'm not even wanting to attempt their disposable inserts... pointless and a pain I'm learning) into the diaper, and still re-use the entire pant.. You can even stick a pre-fold in there if you want!

If I absolutely adore them, I will not mind sending some to you ladies at all to try! :) (baby is not here until the end of December though!)

I have them and love them! But I use newborn sized inserts for them (cause I haven't got around to buying the Gcloth) I have the flushable liners (which defeat the purpose of using cloth, but are still earth friendly because they're biodegradable) and they weren't too bad. I never got the hang of them, so they were a pain for me to use. But, my mom got really good at them and could throw a liner in quicker than anything! They're really absorbent and great for "inbetweeners" like my mom. She doesn't mind using cloth when it's just pee, but god forbid Livi poos in one! So the flushable liners are good for when my mom watches her because she can just, well, flush it!

Awesome! Thanks for your response! Can only newborn pre-folds fit inside?? I feel like I can probably find cheaper pre-folds other than the gCloth ones they sell... (I could be VERY wrong, as I'm completely new to this) Which prefolds are you using now?

I bet the liner is good, especially for people who are wanting to be environmentally friendly without going completely cloth. Did grandma ever have toilet clogging problems??

I'm thinking about cheating just a wee bit and buying the Kushie's Disposable diaper liner's to throw on top of the prefold for poopy ones :blush: Just lift up and drop off! lol

Nope, no clogging! You have to tear the side and shake it out, then swish it around with the swish stick and flush it. Just make sure to follow the instructions. :thumbup:

As for the prefolds, I'm sure bigger ones would fit, it just depends on the size. I only have smalls, which my DD has grown out of, so I need to get the mediums. I use NB size WAHM inserts & prefolds.

Do you know about DiaperSwappers? It's a (mainly American) site where you can sell/buy pre-loved or WAHM ware. I see a lot of people selling gCloth on there.

Will definitely be checking out Diaper Swappers! I am beyond excited about my gDiapers :) Really appreciate your help :hugs:

I'm currently using gdiapers. we started with them because of the convenience of flushable liners. Unfortunately they clog up our system, so we chucked them out (still better than disposables). We quickly switched to cloth. We use bamboo inserts called gflappers, from nappyshoppe.com, they work great and are very absorbent.
We rarely use the flushable liners anymore, but they are useful when we're travelling and don't always have access to laundry.

didn't know about the gFlappers! Thanks! are these better than the gCloth or using a prefold in your opinion?

I only plan on buying the disposables for emergency cases LOL, or traveling :)

I use the all bamboo gflappers, they hold a _ton_ of liquid. From what I've heard they work much better than gcloth, although I haven't tried the gcloth myself. The gflappers are also great because they'll work in pocket diapers as well, I use them in my bumgenius diapers, they are trimmer than the microfiber BG inserts.

Great! I'll be looking into these! Thanks :) anything that holds a_ton_of liquid will be something I would want LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->