Gender accuracy

Mrs.R

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I had my gender scan (at 16 weeks) yesterday and they told me it was a girl! :kiss:

It was clear to me it was a girl (I've already got a little boy) and the sonographer appeared pretty confident. Of course silly me started googling and I've read sooo many stories where they tell you girl and it ends up being a boy. :dohh: Did this happen to any of you? At either the 16 or 20 week scan. I've created a poll and/or feel free to comment :happydance:

Thanks in advance!

I did not have a gender scan, it was an anomaly scan, but they checked the gender anyway. I think it was around 18.5 weeks, so not 16 or 20 weeks, but I was not yet 20 weeks so I thought I would reply. They said girl, she seemed pretty sure about it, and she was indeed a girl.

I had no anomaly scan with my boy as I was seeing a homebirth midwife, they did a scan at 33 weeks when I developed pre-e before they induced me, and said boy about 70% sure, but it was hard to tell as it was so late and he didn't give them a good view. He was indeed a boy.

I had a scan at 16 weeks with my daughter- they told me girl and obviously got it right.

With this pregnancy I had a gender scan at 16+2, they said girl but seemed really vague to me. She said it wasn't 100% but she's pretty sure. Also the picture wasn't as clear as my first daughters. I've since had a 20 week scan and they couldn't see the gender because her/his legs were together.

So I'm pretty sure it's a girl but wouldn't be surprised if come October I have a little boy!

With my ds2 and ds3 I was told boy at private gender scan and they r both boys. This time we were told girl at privacy gender scan and hope to have it 100% confirmed next week at my anomaly scan x

18 out of 18 correct so far that's great!

I've had both happen to me so I can't even pick a choice on the poll :D

Both scans done at 16 weeks. One was wrong, one was right.
I say the quality of the ultrasound and how good your tech is and position of the baby makes all the difference!

I say the quality of the ultrasound and how good your tech is and position of the baby makes all the difference!

Eek. Which baby was wrong and which baby was right? I'm going for a private scan next Friday at 16+ weeks, and I'm so nervous that it will be wrong!

3 babies and gender correct for all 3

Eek. Which baby was wrong and which baby was right? I'm going for a private scan next Friday at 16+ weeks, and I'm so nervous that it will be wrong!

It's rare but happens, it was with my first. He is a boy and they said girl. This time girl at 16 weeks, and still a girl at 21 weeks.

I had my gender scan at 15+2 and was told boy. Had my 20 week scan the other day and defo a boy!

I had gender scans with both dd3 and 4, both were between 16/20 weeks and both were correct.
I had a gender scan with this baby at 15 weeks and 3 days and they said boy, I also was told boy at 20 weeks and 23 weeks so I imagine it is correct, I will find out for sure in a week or so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->