Gender at 14 weeks?

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
I go in for my 14 week check up tomorrow, always so nervous when I go in for my check ups, always fearing somethings going to be wrong (long story)

Anyway, it seems like they do an ultrasound every time I go there (I'm high risk) so I'm guessing they will do an ultrasound tomorrow. Has anyone had their baby's gender revealed that early? I have read that some women had the gender reveal at 13 weeks! Who here has had it at 14 weeks or sooner and it was accurate?

Thanks for sharing your story :hugs:

I don't think it's massively accurate at 14 weeks, baby still usually has a nub at that point - mine did anyway. Regardless, people can guess correctly 50 percent of the time by random chance at any gestation. I think 16 weeks is more accepted as accurate (though this pg my 16 wk gender scan got it wrong), and the very earliest I have seen sonographers offering sexing scans here is 14+5.
I think it's better to wait a bit longer, but I understand wanting to know ASAP.
Good luck with your appointment and scan xxxxxxx

I don't think it's massively accurate at 14 weeks, baby still usually has a nub at that point - mine did anyway. Regardless, people can guess correctly 50 percent of the time by random chance at any gestation. I think 16 weeks is more accepted as accurate (though this pg my 16 wk gender scan got it wrong), and the very earliest I have seen sonographers offering sexing scans here is 14+5.
I think it's better to wait a bit longer, but I understand wanting to know ASAP.
Good luck with your appointment and scan xxxxxxx

That's what I was wondering. I few of my friends who got an accurate reading were around 16 weeks. I was thinking it would still be a nub and hard to read. You're right I want to know ASAP! I see so many cute baby clothes and I want to know the gender so I can buy boy or girl clothes. I have gotten gender neutral stuff so far but I want to know what I'm having before I buy anything else.

I paid for a private gender scan and was told boy at 13 weeks and went back at 16 weeks to confirm. Nub at 13 weeks looked like a turtle which is supposed to mean boy. I don't know if your doctor will even show you nubs or potty shots at 13 weeks - some can be super picky!

I paid for a private gender scan and was told boy at 13 weeks and went back at 16 weeks to confirm. Nub at 13 weeks looked like a turtle which is supposed to mean boy. I don't know if your doctor will even show you nubs or potty shots at 13 weeks - some can be super picky!

I'm 14 weeks almost 15. I read some women had their result at 13 weeks, and I was super surprised. I'm not sure if some of their results changed on those. I'm not sure either about the doctor exposing that yet like you said. Tomorrow will only be the 2nd time I've seen this doctor.

We found out the gender at 15 weeks with dd1 (accurate), at 13 with dd2 and ds (accurate). All of these were done in private ultrasound places, not in hospital. The advancement for ultrasounds is amazing and I'd say they're pretty accurate, but it does depend on how up to date your Dr's machines are. The ones my hospital has are super old and probably wouldn't be able to tell us that early.

This is my 15 week ultrasound. It was done privately though so your doctor might be reluctant to tell you gender because it can still be questionable this early and depending on the quality of the machine they use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for all the info girls! Helps a lot. I was curious if any of you have or are so nervous to the point of anxiety every time you go to your doctors appointments to check up on the little one. I am a walking anxiety mess when it comes to my doctors appointments for the baby, I feel like somethings always wrong.

Well they didn't do a u/s at the appt, boo, but they checked for the baby's heartbeat and it sounded nice and strong. It took her a bit to find it because she had to go pretty far right to find it LOL. I also found out that I'm not going to know the baby's gender till October 19th when they do the anatomy scan. At that time I'll be 20 weeks. It's so far away, but 5 weeks will be here before I know it.

21, I too get nervous quite often when it comes to anything baby. On the day of my last appt I was feeling a bit crampy so I started to freak. I about peed myself with joy when she found the heartbeat. Not sure why I worry because I haven't had any complications. I'm just a worry wart by nature I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->