Gender at 2nd ultrasound??? Is that possible?

Abbey08

Reaction score
Hello: Friday I had my 1st ultrasound and baby measured 8w3d which I expected (they estimated 9 weeks) but I have a 32-33 day cycle. The place I went to (doc send out for ultrasounds) seemed pretty advanced and they did the ultrasound vaginally and from my stomach. You could obviously see more vaginally. They did a 4D at this early stage and it was awesome. He said to come back between 12 and 13 weeks and he can tell me gender. Is that to soon? Or are they really that advance now? My doctor told me he's very good and that all his boy are boys and very rarely a girl will become a boy but that he's right on his stuff. So...anyone else find out sex between 12 and 13 weeks?

At 12-13 weeks it's far to early to know for sure the gender as boys bits and girls bits look the same same at that stage usually from 16 weeks onwards you can tell the difference and even then it can be wrong x

at 14 weeks on the dot we found out we were having a baby girl but the sonographer based the gender on nub theory. he was right! we found baby had 3 lines at our second gender appointment at 16 weeks 6 days.

Well any guess is 50% chance of being right. It's only 2 genders lol. I would say anything after 16-18 weeks is a better bet as pp stated.

Well I guess we'll see if he's right at 12-13 weeks. I too thought it was later but my doctor said 12 weeks we will find out and at the ultrasound clinic he said end of 12 weeks he can tell us. Going in at 12w6d.

My ultrasound tech told me at my 12 week scan that she could see it was a boy. She said sometimes she cant really tell but it looked promising. At 20 weeks she confirmed it. I think as long as you can get a good look but the regular ultra sounds are so grainy that genitalia looks the same for a while. I think the 4D would definitely help. My tech didn't have 4D though so I guess the baby was in a good position for her to see its penis.

In my last pregnancy, I had a million sonograms (only bc they just seemed to find so many reasons... and they knew my insurance covered them, lol) and I went to this place that specializes in it, and they were quite good (there was a slightly off measurement at the NT, so they sent us there). One of the genetic counselors told me that I might find out the gender at my 13 week sonogram- she said that they can sometimes tell that early, but not always. Anyway, they couldn't tell at mine, but I thought it was cool that they could tell that early sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->