Gender Confused...???

Hopeful1479

Mom with #2 coming!
Reaction score
So like the title says I am now confused as to what I would prefer... The obvious as we all want a healthy happy baby.... but since getting pregnant I have said I want another girl, I want my daughter to be a big sister like I had gorowing up. Not to mentio the 12 tubs of girl clothes I have and how much I love pretty dresses and bows!! My sister has 3 girls, my SIL just had a girl there are no boys in our family amongst grandchildren. Everyone at work says I am having a boy, I know my husband would love a boy and in the beginning I was against a boy but now I think I might want a boy, to have the first boy and to buy boy clothes and be able to carry on my husbands last name as this is our last. So there it is I am confused, my sono is in 2 days and I don't know how I will feel either way. :dohh:

I understand this confusion with what side you are more leaning towards. In the beginning of this pregnancy I thought, "Girl" I want a girl... no doubt about it. I want the bows and dresses and for my son to have a little sister. Then I started looking at all of the baby clothes we have left over from my son and I thought, "I want to see another little boy wear this" and I started thinking about how two little boys would be best friends through their entire lives etc. Well, we found out it's a boy and then the hurt started because I wasn't getting a little girl. I am beyond happy to be able to have another healthy baby boy, but I still want my little girl.

I understand this confusion with what side you are more leaning towards. In the beginning of this pregnancy I thought, "Girl" I want a girl... no doubt about it. I want the bows and dresses and for my son to have a little sister. Then I started looking at all of the baby clothes we have left over from my son and I thought, "I want to see another little boy wear this" and I started thinking about how two little boys would be best friends through their entire lives etc. Well, we found out it's a boy and then the hurt started because I wasn't getting a little girl. I am beyond happy to be able to have another healthy baby boy, but I still want my little girl.

Well congrats on the boy... I am starting to give my self such anxiety over this and there is no good reason too... I just want it to be over with so I can deal!! :hugs:

I'm the same way this time around, I would love another boy and already have a boys named picked out...but I also want a girl this time. I think I'll be a little disappointed either way.

Eta. I think I want a little boy a little more

Good luck for your scan, i hope the next few days go fast.
My big sister was so mean to me growing up lol so i always made sure i was nice to my younger sisters and my brother.
I think either way will be nice. Either a sister or brother and the 1st boy. Make sure you update us.

I'm very split these I really wanted a boy initially. But now I'm going to be too excited with either gender. I think a girl will be easier. My husband had a lot of accidents as a kid. I was a pretty easy kid. I think part of me will be sad for whatever gender I don't get to have. Or so excited to know it won't matter. Did I mention I only have four more days?

Well the results are in and its a GIRL!! Which I am super excited for and although a boy would have been nice I can't wait for Emery to have a sister to grow up with and be best friends with!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->