• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gender neutral name??

Four2Five

Reaction score
We have two dd's, Mia (pronounced "Me-Uh") and Ela (pronounced "El-Uh"). We have kept to short 3 letter names because we have a super long last name (begins with H and ends with R)...We dropped the L in Ella and shortened it to Ela to keep up the three letter tradition...We are now expecting #3 and stuck on names, we don't plan to find out the gender till birth but we would love to have a name in place.

We always planned our third baby would be Noa (pronounced "No-Uh") no matter the gender but now that I see it written out I'm second guessing if it looks feminine being spelled Noa and not the common way Noah.

So, do with stick with Noa no matter what gender or do we come up with another boy name??

The name would be:
Girl- Noa Leigh
Boy- Noa Lee

We have also considered
Girl- Ily ("Eye-Lee") Aurora
Nora Leigh
Boy- Ian ("E-An") Gauge
Jax Lee
Jak Lee

Lee is my dad's middle name, Gauge and Aurora are just names we like...

Any other three letter suggestions? Is Noa awful for a boy or girl?

I would probably stick to 3 letter names that haven't had the spelling altered as I'm not a huge fan of fancy spelling.

Boys:
Max
Jon
Leo
Eli (might be too close to Ela)
Joe
Jay

Girls:
Max
Ivy
Ann
Sue
Lea (again might be too close to Mia)
Tia (as above)

Max is a bit of a trendy gender neutral name these days, so you could try that.

I love the name Noa but do prefer it spelt with an 'h' Noah. Our sons have gender neutral names. Beau and Eden

I like the name Noa but I'm not a fan of changing spellings. And I think Noa does look more feminine. Could you not just have Noah as a regular spelling if you like the name? 1 letter more doesn't make much difference I wouldn't say, it's not like he will have to write his first name and surname out in full every day and when you say the name Noah you would expect it to have 4 letters I think.

Other names:
Leo
Jon
Max

Also, don't spend too much time worrying about it as you may end with another girl! X

I like Jax. Noa I like for a girl but for a boy I'd definitely spell it Noah.

Some three letter names I can think of:
Girls:
Ava
Ada
Amy
Aya
Bea
Dot
Fae/Fay
Ida
Ivy
Joy
Lux
Lou
Rey/Ray
Rue
Sky
Zoe

boys
Abe
Axl
Ace
Ari
Asa
Cai
Cal
Dex
Dax
Ean
Fin
Fox
Gus
Ira
Ike
Jay
Jai
Jem
Jet
Jed
Kai
Koa
Kit
Leo
Lee
Mac
Max
Ned
Neo
Pax
Ray
Rio
Rex
Taj
Van

Id definately spell it Noah for a boy but think Noa is cute for a girl.

Hmm trying to think of 3 lettered names
Una
Ava
Eve

I personally wouldnt change a name i loved just so all can be 3 letters. I wanted mine all similar but have a Lucas, Evie, Alexa so one got a letter less

I like Noa for a girl, but definitely see that as a feminine spelling, for a boy to me it would have to be Noah.

For a 3 letter name for a boy out of your list my fave is Jax.

Not a huge fan of Noa. Ari and Ray are both unisex, so I’ll offer then as suggestions. :)

You're really restricting your name choices by limiting it to a 3 letter name. Is it realky that impirtant in the grand scheme of things? Surely more important to have a name you love and that feels right?
I do love Noa/Noah but I would stick to the traditional spelling for a boy. I love Ily too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->