Gender prediction

FeLynn

Reaction score
Any of you have any guesses on what your having! I just had a scan today I'm 13.1 weeks dr gave me a guess but me and dr both know it's hard to say for sure since nub can be either or! Me and my kids and my man all want a girl! My man and kids all say they think girl! I haven't told anyone but I think boy! I found a web site and wanted to know how correct it was for some of you! If I go off of what this web site says then it can boy or girl!

I plan to try the baking soda test just for fun! Not sure about red cabbage or wedding ring! Don't really believe in the Chinese calendar. Will try the even and odds theory.

I had bad pregnancy acne. I sleep on my left and right side even on my tummy. Heart beat has been over 140 all the way to 170's but do not believe this either. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but morning sickness has worn off for a few weeks now I get hunger pains and from time to time morning sickness but it's not as bad as my other pregnancies. I crave both kinds of foods.

I will have my man look at my oldest sons hairline and see what we get!

Intelligenders test not sure if my dr will do that! I can't tell from skull or nub theory!

1.Intelligender- IntelliGender's Gender Prediction Test™ is a simple urine analysis similar to the pregnancy test you took a few weeks ago. It uses first morning urine and a proprietary mix of chemicals which reacts with a combination of hormones to indicate the gender of your baby. It can be performed as early as 10 weeks of pregnancy (six weeks from the first day of the missed period). It is an easy test to perform and provides quick results in-home so the news can be shared right away. Find out more info at Intelligender.com

2.Baking soda test- You put a little little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a disposable cup (enough to barely cover the bottom) and then add a little bit of your urine to it. If it fizzles like soda pop, it might be a boy. If there is no fizzle, it might be a girl. This technique was used by several women as a way to test the accuracy of their gender ultrasounds and out of 31 baking soda gender tests, 22 were right and 9 were wrong.

3.The Cabbage Test — Cut one red cabbage into chunks, boil for 10 minutes, then set aside. Head for the bathroom, and pee into a cup. In a separate cup, mix 1 part urine with 1 part cabbage water. If the water turns pink or red, this indicates boy. If the water is purple, it’s a girl.

4.Wedding ring test-
This test involves threading a wedding ring onto a thread or piece of hair. Hold the dangling ring over the pregnant belly of mum-to-be while she is lying down. If the ring swings back and forth like a pendulum, she is carrying a boy. If the ring swings in a strong circular motion, she is carrying a girl. No hard science supports this test beyond wishful thinking!

5.Chinese Calendar- Legend says that the Chinese gender charts are over 700 years old and over 90% correct if used correctly. The gender of your baby is predicted based on the month of conception and the mother's birthday - both expressed as dates in the Chinese lunar calendar. 90% correct seems like a big claim but, many mothers who have used these charts during pregnancy enthusiastically swear by their accuracy. Find out more info at Chinese Gender Prediction

6.Even and Odd theory- Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.

7.Pregnancy acne- If you're breaking out like crazy, it might be a girl. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.

8.Sleep position- If you prefer sleeping on the right side, girl. Left side, boy.

9.Oldest child's hairline theory- You simply check the back hairline of the last sibling to predict the gender of the next sibling. If the hair comes to a duck tail, expect a baby of the opposite sex. If the hairline is straight across, you’ll be having a baby of the same sex.

10.High heartbeat theory- As the old wives' tale has it, if your unborn baby's heart rate is higher, above 140 beats per minute, that means you're carrying a girl. A lower heart rate below 140 bpm means you're having a boy.

11.Morning sickness theory- Another popular myth regarding baby gender prediction has to do with morning sickness. They say that if you are having little to no morning sickness, it means boy. If you have a lot of morning sickness, it means girl.

12.Food craving theory- If the mother craves savory snacks such as crisps and pizza, she is said to be carrying a boy. On the other hand if she can’t get enough of chocolate and sugary sweets it is said to be a girl.

13.Skull Theory- Skull Theory is an at-home technique for predicting gender, although fans claim it has a 92% accuracy rate. Basically, you compare your baby’s ultrasound profile picture to the diagram below, looking for certain ‘male’ or ‘female’ markers in the shape of the skull. Find more info and example pictures at Skull Theory

14.Nub Theory or "angle of the dangle"- On ultrasound, if your baby is cooperating and is positioned in a favorable way, fetal sex can be determined during a scan when the fetus is about 12 weeks (about 14 weeks after LMP).

The determination is made by studying the angle between the genital 'bump' and the direction of the lower portion of the spine. The following images are not typical and intermediate forms do exist, establishing gender can sometimes be difficult. Find more info and example pictures at Nub Theory

Didn't do 1-4.
5. I was predicted girl on the Chinese gender chart.
6. I was double odds 21 conceived baby in July (month 7).
7. More acne, but not tons since getting pregnant.
8. I sleep on both sides equally.
9. This is my first, so no hairline to reference.
10. The heartbeat was never less than 155.
11. No morning sickness.
12. I am currently eating chocolate :haha:
I did not do 13 and 14, skull theory is pretty rubbish and I never had a nub shot.

Totals: 5 girl and 1 boy
What is my baby? A boy! I don't know how useful most of these are, they are more for fun.

I agree I'm doing most of them for fun it will be interesting when u find out the sex!

I've read that if you drink carbonated drinks the baking side test will always fizz or foam. Also there are two different ways of calculAting the Chinese chart so depending which one you use may give two different results.

I'm desperate to know and can't wait to find out but I'll not trust anything other than a correct test. Xxx

The Chinese gender chart was always wrong for me no matter which way I calculated it.

I didn't do many of the others because I knew they were just for fun and that frustrated me. Haha!

Lol I just dying to know and it's helping me pass time and keep my mind busy. After my losses I don't want to think about that I want to focus on my living baby. Thankfully I stopped drinking soda on a regular basis so I'm going to try the baking soda when I get to a store.

I know Chinese gender depends on which age your using I only did one for my current age but I'm going to look into my other age and see what it says.

The best prediction method is genetics. I believe the rest are just fun games.
How many bro & sis does you oh have, his father and his fathers father. The sperm that attached to the egg you produced would have tens of millions of male & female sperm trying to get into it. The ratio of boy to girl sperm in that mix when that 1 sperm got in and made your embryo, depends on your oh's male lineage.

For example, if he has mostly sisters say 7 sisters and he's the only bro, well I'd say it's pretty darned certain that you'll be having a girl. If it's mostly boys, boys also with his dad has mostly bros, I'd say you're having a boy.

You, your mom, his mom, your mom's mom have nothing to do with it. For example his mom had two husbands and all girls with a dad that's not you oh's dad, you discount that man, it's only your oh's biological dad and his biological dad's dad that come into play.

And then if you can picture your tiny egg being bombarded by 55,000,000 sperm, each one being either male/female, we may be able to work out the general ratio of those 55m sperm but if that girl sperm makes it through when there's 90% male sperm in the mix, well that's where we can't accurately predict these things.

How many bro & sis does you oh have, his father and his fathers father. The sperm that attached to the egg you produced would have tens of millions of male & female sperm trying to get into it. The ratio of boy to girl sperm in that mix when that 1 sperm got in and made your embryo, depends on your oh's male lineage.

For example, if he has mostly sisters say 7 sisters and he's the only bro, well I'd say it's pretty darned certain that you'll be having a girl. If it's mostly boys, boys also with his dad has mostly bros, I'd say you're having a boy.

You, your mom, his mom, your mom's mom have nothing to do with it. For example his mom had two husbands and all girls with a dad that's not you oh's dad, you discount that man, it's only your oh's biological dad and his biological dad's dad that come into play.

And then if you can picture your tiny egg being bombarded by 55,000,000 sperm, each one being either male/female, we may be able to work out the general ratio of those 55m sperm but if that girl sperm makes it through when there's 90% male sperm in the mix, well that's where we can't accurately predict these things.

I've actually found the opposite to this. My dad was one of three boys, all of them had daughters. My grandfather was one of four, only one of which was a girl. They all mainly had girls when they produced. I remember also speaking about this to a friend she mentioned her ex was from an all boys family, they all went on to have girls. Probably is just the luck of the draw but very interesting all the same. X

These are just for fun. But what you say makes sense my hub had one brother one sister but his sister was from a different dad his mom cheated. My hubs dad has one sister and 4 brothers. We don't know about his dad's dad. But I have 3 boys already my princess died early 2nd tri loss I have 3 angels which I do not know the sex of one angel is this baby's twin.

My hubs brother has 3 girls no boys they have the same dad.

Now my sister has two boys and my brother has one daughter. I'm 1 of 5 girls and my brother is the only boy. We have different dads no not all of us but the ones that have kids have a different dad then each other.

My sisters baby daddy which is both of her kids father only has brothers. No info about the dad's dad. I believe my brothers dad has only brothers I don't remember and aunts from that side of the family.

So what you say makes sense but them it doesn't. How would my hub have all boys and his brother have all girls?!

I've actually found the opposite to this. My dad was one of three boys, all of them had daughters. My grandfather was one of four, only one of which was a girl. They all mainly had girls when they produced. I remember also speaking about this to a friend she mentioned her ex was from an all boys family, they all went on to have girls. Probably is just the luck of the draw but very interesting all the same. X

I know, it's frustrating to link anything really but scientifically the male lineage is the strongest predictor. They can do study after study on fruit flies (and humans) with more mathematical certainty than a baking soda fizz tests and all other fun gender tricks combined :haha: There was a study that BBC published recently on higher caloric intake of the mom to be related to having boys more often but the percent change was only 51% (1%) over the norm than the usual population. So again very weak link.

Just depends on when you have sex and ovulate. Male sperm are very fast but very weak and die within several days. Female sperm are slow but strong and can live 5-7d in the vagina.

Due to this, I'm predicting girl for myself. OH and I had sex 5 days before I ovulated in Sept. And on the 13th I should have ovulated. So if what I have read on male/female sperm is correct and if I did ovulate Sept 13th, I will probably have a little girl. But I don't mind either way.

I know all those come into play I just know I had sex during my so called fertile time period. I didn't realize it until afterwards when I looked it was on the day of ovulation. This is clearly just estimated but I can hope.

I only did these do called test for fun do not think they are going to tell me but it will be interesting to see which ones were more
Correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->