Gender Reveal (7/26)

EleanoirRigby

Reaction score
We're doing our gender reveal on Sunday! So close! We did peek, because it was hard to wait for another month & I didn't want to seem sad or disappointed if baby wasn't what we thought s/he would be.

So in essence we're doing it for our daughter and close family. My main concern is my DD (4) is DEAD SET on this child being a girl. (Baby is not.) I'm worried that she might start crying and be disappointed. She has it in her mind that only boy babies will cry and pull hair and be obnoxious to her.

I'll definitely update Sunday evening on how things went/pictures. I'm hoping that she'll warm up to the idea of having a brother. I'm so ready for everyone to know, and to stop pretending like I don't. Just late night ramblings. I hope this weekend is fabulous for you wonderful ladies!

Ohhh your daughter will come round. Maybetry and break it to her slowly earlier?

I honestly think she'll be having too much fun at the party to bother though :D

Have fun and best fo luck :)

Dd1 keeps telling me she wants a sister as soon as u mention what about a brother she goes mad, they will come round to it maybe try telling her that having a brother is so much more fun than having a sister she hasnt got to share her room with anyone.

Good luck for sunday keep us posted xx

If it were me, I'd talk to her beforehand about how wonderful brothers are. Mention how not everyone is lucky enough to get one. I'm not saying to reveal it to her yet but have a prep talk with her today. I dunno, it's a tough situation for sure. My oldest was funny when we told her she was getting a brother. She used to tell people she wants a "girl brother". She was three. Well, she ended up with two sisters after that and she seems to prefer to play with her brother most of the time.

https://pre08.deviantart.net/0a38/th/pre/i/2015/206/3/b/beautiful_boy_by_eleanoirrigby-d92sbt4.jpg

Talked to DD today and she's definitely more open to the idea of a little brother :)

I know gifts from baby to its siblings are often reserved for when baby is born, but do you think it would help to do a small gift for her at the reveal? Soften the blow a little, help her bond with baby? Nothing extravagant just a little something? Make a point of how she will still be the only girl and how special that makes her?

Sorry just seen your last post, good stuff 👍

We've got a small gift for her :) We plan on doing the same for when Oliver arrives and we're in the hospital. Also Pixar's coming out with The Good Dinosaur on Thanksgiving so we've planned on her and her daddy to have a date night around then :)

glad your DD took it well, and congrats on being team :blue:

The reveal went really well. My sister had us do silly string, while she was initially let down, she realized she can talk dinosaurs and teach Ollie all about Disney movies and help him learn, so she's excited now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->