Gender reveal - ideas needed!!

RnR

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
OK I need a plan!!

We haven't told family that we're going for this private gender scan, so we want to surprise them!

My mum and dad have rented a big cottage in Anglesey for a week so we can all have a big get to together - my mum, dad, younger sister and boyfriend, older sister, husband and 3 boys (brand new nephew that hasn't even been born yet!!) and me, hubby and Jacob!!!!

And we're having the scan on the way up (long drive!) so I'm just trying to think of a fun way to tell the news when we get there!

We get a recording of the scan as part of the package.

It can't be something too extravagent because we'll have to either take both scenarios in the car with us and ditch the irrelevant one, or sort it out in the car lol! Also, I have to consider my sister - it'll be the first time we'll see her newborn son (all other family members will meet him as soon as he is born, and he'll be at least a week old) so I don't want to ruin the moment/steal her thunder etc - hormones will be erratic and I don't want to upset her!!

So the ideas I have are:

They can all watch the DVD and find out together. (easy to do!)
OR
Buy a little pair of blue and pink booties (in advance because I won't be able to buy them between scan and getting there) and put the right pair in a little gift bag and get my mum to open it at dinner table.

But I need more ideas!! Can you think of any? How did you/are you sharing news?

17 days to go!!!! :D xx

We did a gender reveal for my best friend and we had the tech put the sex in an envelop and we then dropped it with a baker who was to make pink or blue filling for cupcakes :) You could have cupcakes with both colors made and serve the ones for the right color - or you could even do it with two small cakes - have the inside of the cake part be pink/blue. Cake is always fun at any celebration :)

I also saw one where people took pictures - mom held blue ice-cream and dad held pink icecream and they dropped the cone of the wrong gender. You could serve every one pink or blue ice-cream :)

Also seen ideas where people packed big boxes with pink or blue balloons and then they opened the box and the balloons floated out/were taped by string to the bottom :) That you could prepack and then toss the box with the wrong color....

I like making the inside of a cake pink or blue. Or give them a card that says congrats on your niece/nefew grand daughter/son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->