Gender reveal party

Angelina357

Reaction score
Hey everyone. :) <3
I've been gathering many gender reveal party ideas. But still can't decide what's best. Can You guys give me some simple party ideas and games?

We just had our reveal last night! We didn't do any theme or games though. We just had our close family and friends over for dinner and drinks, we didnt even know the sex until last night. For the reveal we had a giant confetti balloon made that we popped with my son. After that we had a cake that was kept secret until AFTER the reveal then we could open th box and we all saw that it was blue! :)

Agreed no theme or games. I only kept it to immediate family, so we basically cast votes and I did a vote on fb. I decorated the island with stuff from party city. I had two ways to reveal: confetti balloon (three black ones but only one had confetti) or scratch cards. I ended up not wanting to make a mess so we did the scratchers. I wanted to do a smoke bomb but it wouldn't have shipped in time. I knew the sex, so it was more about revealing to family. But they all already heavily suspected/wished boy so it was so anticlimactic. Then, we went out to dinner to celebrate :)

For my students, I had them close their eyes at the end of the day and gave them each three kisses that were wrapped in blue foil with the little paper saying it's a boy. They went ballistic lol I got the kisses from party city

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
With our first, we didn't do games or really have a theme.

We invited our families (parents, siblings, and their kids). We decorated a bit with blue and pink balloons. We had some baby ducks on the table. My mom and i made rice crispy treats - blue and pink. We had a few other snacks, but nothing major (pretty much whatever i was craving :laugh2: ). I think we got pizza because of the time, so we just fed everyone, but mainly because i was craving it lol

DH and I didn't know the sex, so we were going to find out with everyone. We ordered a cake (ton the envelope to the bakery). Since the ultrasound was the daddy before the reveal, we had them bake a regular cake but had them do the icing filling pink or blue and just cut into it.

With DS, we weren't sure if we should do a reveal or not (since it was our second). We found out by blood test just before 14 weeks. I picked up the results from the office. DH and i opened the results on Skype worth my mom and brother and sent a picture of the results to the rest of our family.

With this one, i really wanted to do a reveal, but low key, mostly for our kids. We got the results in a envelope (blood test like ds). DH and i looked at the results in the parking lot of the bakery and had them do a cake like the first with either pink or blue icing inside. Then we cut it for the kids to see, and then sent pics to the rest of the family.

So cake has pretty much been our deal :laugh2: i wanted to be more creative with this one, bit i was too impatient. If we have another, I'll probably do it similar in that we'll do it for the kids and send pics, but maybe i can plan ahead a like better and do something different.

The fun thing about reveals is that there are so many different things you can do, and make it whatever you want it to be, no matter how simple or elaborate.

We don't really do that in the uk! It's a cute idea though. Baby showers are only just starting to become a thing too. But the gender you pretty much just tell people after you find out haha. When I found out with my son, I sent a whatsapp to close family and friends (basically people who knew I had my scan and who were waiting to find out) with just a blue heart emoji :) it was cute. But that was it haha, I didn't tell anyone else unless they asked what I was having.

A friend gave me a really fun idea last night. Order a bunch of cupcakes and ask the bakery to fill one cupcake with pink or blue (or bring them an envelope) so you hand out all of the cupcakes and the party and watch everyone eat them looking to see who got the cupcake with the gender in it :)

It sounds like a lot of fun and that's probably what we will be doing at our party next week (but DH and I just found yesterday that it's a boy because we have the NIPS testing already)

We don't really do that in the uk! It's a cute idea though. Baby showers are only just starting to become a thing too. But the gender you pretty much just tell people after you find out haha. When I found out with my son, I sent a whatsapp to close family and friends (basically people who knew I had my scan and who were waiting to find out) with just a blue heart emoji :) it was cute. But that was it haha, I didn't tell anyone else unless they asked what I was having.

Well gender identity is a hot topic in the US so people are actually now fighting AGAINST gender reveal parties because sex shouldn't matter, parents are choosing a gender for the baby, it promotes pink/blue gender stereotypes.... blah blah blah. All I have to say is you do what you what, gender x they/then your kid but my kid, my party. Honey badger.

And older generations think it's just something us crazy millennials have come up with

Well gender identity is a hot topic in the US so people are actually now fighting AGAINST gender reveal parties because sex shouldn't matter, parents are choosing a gender for the baby, it promotes pink/blue gender stereotypes.... blah blah blah. All I have to say is you do what you what, gender x they/then your kid but my kid, my party. Honey badger.

And older generations think it's just something us crazy millennials have come up with

I had no idea it was such a thing! Even reading through this thread, you guys go to so much trouble, it all looks amazing! Mine was literally "&#128153;" to about 6 people haha :haha: most people post it up on Facebook (I didn't, because we had trouble getting through to dh's parents who live abroad for about four days following my ultrasound and didn't want other people finding out before they did). But that's the typical "reveal" here...a Facebook post! Haha. I like the idea of the parties - any excuse to celebrate the pregnancy in another way right - but if you did that here and invited people they'd be like "what the hell, a gender reveal?!" :haha:

Can't believe they've become political there! That seems silly, it's nothing to do with parents choosing the gender...if anything it's the opposite, they're celebrating the baby no matter what sex it is!

I had no idea it was such a thing! Even reading through this thread, you guys go to so much trouble, it all looks amazing! Mine was literally "&#128153;" to about 6 people haha :haha: most people post it up on Facebook (I didn't, because we had trouble getting through to dh's parents who live abroad for about four days following my ultrasound and didn't want other people finding out before they did). But that's the typical "reveal" here...a Facebook post! Haha. I like the idea of the parties - any excuse to celebrate the pregnancy in another way right - but if you did that here and invited people they'd be like "what the hell, a gender reveal?!" :haha:

Can't believe they've become political there! That seems silly, it's nothing to do with parents choosing the gender...if anything it's the opposite, they're celebrating the baby no matter what sex it is!

Right?! I'm all for reasons to celebrate. But idk I live in SF bay EVERYTHING is political these days haha. I love watching reveal parties on YouTube. Some people get really creative. Not sure when it changed because I'm with you, all my other pregnancies it would have just been a fb post. And most my friends do the social media announcement.

for my DD we just had some close family and friends over for dinner. We just did a blue punch and pink lemonade, and some little blue pins and pink pins for people to wear for which ever gender they thought it was. Had some pink and blue cupcakes. and then we used silly string. Basically a silly string fight. We had several cans of all colors except there was either going to be a pink can of string or blue can of string. we went through all of the cans until we found the one that was pink or blue. It ended up being a can of pink silly string!

We were team yellow for our first so didn't do one, but recently did a small reveal with friends for this pregnancy. We didn't do decorations or anything big (because in Australia gender reveals aren't a common thing, and I didn't want people to think it was a big deal or to bring presents or anything like that), but we had our close friends over for dinner. After dinner, I handed everyone a can of silly string covered in black cardboard so you couldn't see what colour it was.
We had people who thought it was a girl on one side of the room, and people who thought it was a boy on the other side of the room (luckily it was pretty even). On the count of three we all sprayed each other and had a silly string fight. It was so fun and a great way to get everyone involved (the kids who came loved it too) <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->