Gender reveal party

Missbb2591

Reaction score
Has anyone had one/planning one?

I've never done it before but we are finding out the gender on Saturday and doing a reveal party for family and friends on Sunday. How did you reveal it? We are planning on buying a boy or girl balloon and putting it in a box then getting the girls to open it and let everyone know :)

That's exactly what we did this past weekend! We found out Saturday and did a party to announce to family and friends on Sunday.

We filled a box of pink balloons and had my son open it to announce to everyone :)

I kind of think that gender reveal parties are ridiculous - but each to their own! It's your pregnancy, so you get to choose what you make a fuss over.

I kind of think that gender reveal parties are ridiculous - but each to their own! It's your pregnancy, so you get to choose what you make a fuss over.

Well that was unnecessary

That's exactly what we did this past weekend! We found out Saturday and did a party to announce to family and friends on Sunday.

We filled a box of pink balloons and had my son open it to announce to everyone :)

Aww I'm so excited!

We're doing one on Saturday. We ordered 30 cupcakes (one for everyone) and only one is filled with blue (we already know the gender). A friend gave me that idea. She said to film it (I think it will be so fun to get everyone involved). We're probably going to give a small gift to whomever gets the filled cupcake

For us, my husband found out on a Friday while we were out of town! He was able to keep it in for 2 whole days because I wanted it to be a surprise for me. We had pre ordered a boy/girl baseball that contained blue or pink powder in each baseball. Ol' hubby used to play baseball in high school so we went that route. So when we got back on Sunday, we had our closest family come to my parents house, they have a large porch and lawn, and that's when the magic happened!! My husband picked the correct gender color and left the other at home, I pitched the ball, he hit it, and when it broke, there was pink powder strewn across the air for all to see!!! Such a joyful moment since there had no t been a baby girl in 12 years on my side of the family!

Seriously why even respond?! This was a totally unnecessary comment! And very rude at that!

I think gender reveal parties are SO much fun!!! We did one with dd1!! Everyone loved it! And we have the experience and memories of it that will last forever!!!! We did a giant black balloon with pink confetti and then popped it!! It was a great time!!

We had an absolute blast it was the nicest most special way to find out and to be told. My OH found out at the scan and I didn't buy after he went into a card shop and did a mini reveal for me. He came out with a gift bag and inside was a baby girl bag filled with tissue and a card saying look inside the other bag to find out. The other bag was a boy bag full of pink and blue tissue with a card at the bottom saying congratulations on your son with a note from my OH. So it's a boy and we are so excited.

We kept it secret until yesterday when we set up a clue trail at my mum and dads house which led to a box full of pink and blue tissue paper. My girls pulled it all out and out popped the baby boy balloon. We recorded the whole thing and it's such a special thing to have to look back on. I'm so glad we did it this way.

That was such a special way to find out. And so sweet of your OH! :cloud9:

Sounds lovely! So glad you did it and enjoyed it!! Congrats on your little boy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->